account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Z3 Battery problem with 6.0.1

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Z3 Battery problem with 6.0.1

I bought a new Z3 and it worked OK. Since I updated OS to 6.0 I found the problem with battery.

1. It started to drain in 1 hour. New battery!!! With previous OS it worked 2 days. So I switched off GPS, data, LTE, WiFi, but the situation is the same...

2. Battery calibration - fully charged phone showed 10%, reset - 100%, Reset -10%

3. Problem with charging - docstation/USB (the same) start/stop randomly. Durring random start/stop charging battery is shortened with internal path (battery management) and discharged immidiatelly and getting extremely hot!

It seems to be in 6.0 was implimented a bug which affects on battery management which KILLS YOUR BATTERY VERY FAST. It´s not an application, it´s battery management whigh discharge it in 1-10min shortening the battery. It means that SONY in this way motivates consumers to through out a good device (making thinging that battery is worn out and finally killing it) and buy a new model. It´s the mass problem (many discussions on internet for few years about old Xperia Z...) ... The solution is only to move old OS back. 

1 REPLY 1
Commissioner
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Z3 Battery problem with 6.0.1

Correct.

I bought a second hand z3 which is on 6.0 and the battery only lasts half as long as my original z3 running 4.4.4