account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia answering machine vs provider voicemail

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Xperia answering machine vs provider voicemail

Hi all,

I understand that without signal the Xperia answering machine will not work, but is there a way that when you don't have signal your provider voicemail will automatically take over?

Also, how have people found the xperia answering machine, more preferable over provider voicemail?

Thanks for any and all responses.

Jack

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Demigod
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Xperia answering machine vs provider voicemail

@Jack2016 wrote:

Hi all,

I understand that without signal the Xperia answering machine will not work, but is there a way that when you don't have signal your provider voicemail will automatically take over?

Also, how have people found the xperia answering machine, more preferable over provider voicemail?

Jack

Hi Jack,

I assumed that you're looking forward for the provider voice mail to take over if the phone do not have signal to accept incoming calls and that is why you need the provider to get the job done for recording.(Hope i got it right)

If that is the case the voice mail should be always stay active or subcribe for Voicemail from provider. So that it will trigger if your phone is out of coverage or signal.

If you don't want the call to go voicemail while hone is in-coverage or within the signal range so that it could go into your answer machine on the phone, i think you could simply just tweek the time of how many sec or rings to have that trigger for recording right?

For preferrences of Answering Machine and Voicemail. I think this may differ or vary among country. Some service provider do charged extra for this service to be enable and some country is like a monthly stuff that will include them onto your monthly bill.

Ofcause if the service is free, then why not? i would like them on at any time if i can, so that i wouldn't missed anything important from any calls. Hope this will help a little.

3 REPLIES 3
Demigod
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

@Jack2016 wrote:

Hi all,

Jack

Hi Jack,

I assumed that you're looking forward for the provider voice mail to take over if the phone do not have signal to accept incoming calls and that is why you need the provider to get the job done for recording.(Hope i got it right)

If that is the case the voice mail should be always stay active or subcribe for Voicemail from provider. So that it will trigger if your phone is out of coverage or signal.

If you don't want the call to go voicemail while hone is in-coverage or within the signal range so that it could go into your answer machine on the phone, i think you could simply just tweek the time of how many sec or rings to have that trigger for recording right?

For preferrences of Answering Machine and Voicemail. I think this may differ or vary among country. Some service provider do charged extra for this service to be enable and some country is like a monthly stuff that will include them onto your monthly bill.

Ofcause if the service is free, then why not? i would like them on at any time if i can, so that i wouldn't missed anything important from any calls. Hope this will help a little.

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi there,

Perfect, I will adjust the time for the Xperia voicemail to answer just before my provider.

Thanks for your help!

Jack

Highlighted
Demigod
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Anytime, you're most welcome.