account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z3 voice dialing

SOLVED
Regular
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Xperia Z3 voice dialing

Good evening,
Sorry if I open a post that already exist, I look and don t find. I update my Sony Z3 at 5.0 Lollipop and I don't know if have or can get from market google play the voice dialing? I connect my Phone via Bluetooth at car navigation but don t find Voice Dialing like have before at Samsung S4. I try many application but don t find.
Wait your answer if can help me.

Best regards,
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Xperia Z3 voice dialing

The app responsible for voice dialing is Google Now, it comes pre-installed on your mobile. You can activate it by hitting the call button in your car, or saying "OK Google". To make sure that this option is activated do the following:

Go to you App drawer and open "Google Settings -> Search & Now -> Voice -> Hands-free -> Allow requests with device locked for bluetooth devices

Go back, open "OK Google detection" and activate "From any screen"

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

The app responsible for voice dialing is Google Now, it comes pre-installed on your mobile. You can activate it by hitting the call button in your car, or saying "OK Google". To make sure that this option is activated do the following:

Go to you App drawer and open "Google Settings -> Search & Now -> Voice -> Hands-free -> Allow requests with device locked for bluetooth devices

Go back, open "OK Google detection" and activate "From any screen"

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

View solution in original post

Regular
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Hi,
Thank you, now work. But is a little different, this device don t recognize my voice, and I try more than once. It understand every time something else, don t happen with S4 device. But maybe in time it will work better.
Best regards,
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

In the same settings app, you can traing your voice there un der "OK Googe detection".

Regular
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Yes, you are right. It is much better now. I think I have more to learn about Xperia Z3 :-)
Thanks again!
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Anytime, glad I could help.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Hi. I have a Hong Kong version of Z3 Dual and I can't find the OK Google detection. Any advise?

Thanks
Commissioner
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Got it, please ignore my previous post.
Learner
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

I've managed to get the voice dialer to work but if I make any changes to my contacts, the voice dialer doesn't use the changes.  It keeps defaulting to whatever was there before.  I've tried syncing with Outlook Exchange -- where the contacts reside.  I've tried syncing with Google.  Nothing seems to work and it's driving me mad.