account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z3+ overheating on 32.2.A.0.253?

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Xperia Z3+ overheating on 32.2.A.0.253?

i have recently bought this phone ( 1 year after release ) - as they have been saying over heating issue has been fixed in Marshmellow update. when i got that phone it was on lolipop and i updated it to marshmellow 6.0.1 - but i can see there is still overheating on build number 32.2.A.0.253(india) - it heats up only on top part (where nfc logo is placed) - is there any one who updated to lastes firmware or marshmellow and still facing heating issue ?

i tried 4K video recording test and it lasted for 30 min before app shutting down.

not sure if its okay to keep using phone once it heated will it damage smthing internally ? or its okay to use if app doenst close itself ?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Xperia Z3+ overheating on 32.2.A.0.253?

It won't "overheat" there are shutdown failsafes in place to prevent that from happening.
Unfortunately though, the 810 is renowned for getting hot and what seems hot to you may in fact be within normal operating temperature for the chipset.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Yes, xperia z3+ dual sim E6533 is overhating very frequently in less time on a normal usage on 32.2.A.0.253. I searched & tried a lot and lot to fix it with no luck. So finally only option I find useful for now is.. to have an alluminium foil back side the device. Between the gelly case & device. That fixed my phones heating issue. Otherwise its overheating and crashing. Worst part is after crashing it will not reboot, it is stuck at bootloop. Heating issue become worse..after 6.0.1 upgrade. 

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

I have two different versions of the Japanese Z4, and four different single sim Z3+ phones from various territories.
after the 6.0.1 update, heat has become a non-issue, only springing up slightly when certain Sim cards are receiving poor reception .

In the United States and Japan, heat is nearly nonexistent, and in South Korea on KT, sometimes heat occurs on the top corner when I get low signal strength .

The Z4, which is essentially the same phone, has seen somewhat of a resurgence in Japan now that it is being offered at a greatly reduced price and the heat issues are for the most part taken care of.

I have seen several promotions at various electronics retailers offering the Z4 at a discount in Tokyo, and I have noticed more and more of them in use by the general public on the trains . ( A great place to get a feel for what people are using in general )

Otherwise, it has by far become my favorite Xperia device .

That said I do not play video games at all whatsoever, so I suppose it depends on what you are using the phone for.
As for dual Sims, I have no experience with those versions but in general the heat has been greatly reduced after 6.0.1

I would highly recommend perhaps using a case made by RayOut, a popular case manufacturer here in Japan. ( remember to search for Xperia Z4 case, as this is the proper name of the device )
They are available on eBay and from YodaBashi camera's website.
While they are pricey, I have found them to be quite durable and while using, I no longer feel any heat at all.
Regular
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

I do not know what to do because I've done everything the Xperia support requested and nothing has been resolved, have all software updates and a.mais recent, already also made a software restore the Xperia Company and nothing hung all applications 2nd Plan and nothing, the camera still overheating when placed in Full HD settings and 4k. only I had resolved to upgrade 28 but the upper back is the problem they say q I arrange for technical assistance to check but I know not IRAM solve it looked countless blogs and website about this overheating and all speak the same thing but send always return the same way or worse I'm afraid to send and the device come back with the same defect. Sony should concientizar and make the first recall of her history in Brazil. I regretted having bought an expensive smartphone and I can not do videos with more than 2 minutes for the camera to. THIS IS A NONSENSE. I WANT MY MONEY BACK.
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Good idea, those with heat issue should get a recall. 

Apprentice
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Still cant take video longer than 10 minutes

One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Dose is still over heat