account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z3+ micro sd cards speed support

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Xperia Z3+ micro sd cards speed support

Is the Z3+ capable of supporting micro sd cards that has a read speed of 150MB/s (UHS-II U3 technology)?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Re: Xperia Z3+ micro sd cards speed support

Hi all.

The Xperia Z3+ supports UHS-I but should also work with UHS-II. We can however not guarantee full speed/compatibility with UHS-II cards (I believe it hasn't been fully tested yet).  But as everyone else said, a UHS-I card should be sufficient for your needs. 

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

@Ahmad007

I don't think a smartphone can take advantage of it as of today, but it'll be great to get official info on this. Great question.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Indeed,for a smartphone, UHS-I is more than enough,even with 4K recordings. Perhaps @Samuel has some info on this.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

It would be interesting if it support those cards.
Demigod
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi Guys,

I'm not too sure if the Z3+ is fully supports, but mine works pretty well this on the 64gb version.

http://www.lexar.com/products/professional-microsd-1000x?category=5778

But again as alexdon mentioned, the UHS-I is good enough to run the show for the Z3+ anyway.

Master
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi all.

The Xperia Z3+ supports UHS-I but should also work with UHS-II. We can however not guarantee full speed/compatibility with UHS-II cards (I believe it hasn't been fully tested yet).  But as everyone else said, a UHS-I card should be sufficient for your needs. 

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Thanks all, I think also that UHS-II should have a backward compatibility with devices that supports UHS-I cards like Lexar UHS-II cards.