account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z3 cracked screen

Visitor
Message 21 of 165
Message 21 of 165

Re: Xperia Z3 cracked screen

hi, my phone is not working anymore i bought it last october,31 and on nov. 5 i suddenly dropped it on the wall and down to my uratex bed my screen has no damage. im looking for a buyer.  i just cant open it anymore, even reboot it or use sony pc companion, only led red lights comes out without anyvibration too. Slightly frowning Face

Apprentice
Message 22 of 165
Message 22 of 165

Re: Xperia Z3 cracked screen

@cathsupoy wrote:

hi, my phone is not working anymore i bought it last october,31 and on nov. 5 i suddenly dropped it on the wall and down to my uratex bed my screen has no damage. im looking for a buyer.  i just cant open it anymore, even reboot it or use sony pc companion, only led red lights comes out without any vibration too. 

you can send it to sony for repair.. maybe its covered by warranty and they might replace it for free

Forum Legend
Message 23 of 165
Message 23 of 165

Re: my 5days old xperia z3 is not working!pls help

You need to either return your device to the place of purchase or contact Xperia care http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Apprentice
Message 24 of 165
Message 24 of 165

Screen cracking for no known reason Z3

I had had my Z3 for 4 days when under normal use the screen stopped working. Inspecting revealed a hairline crack on the front. You can't feel it at all, and it is difficult to catch on camera. There is no way that a screen should develop this without the device being faulty in some way. The rest of the phone is immaculate, no drops or knocks at all, as I said, it stopped working whilst in my hands.

I want to send it to Sony Repair but want to be certain they will replace it under warranty. 

It seems lots of people are recieving cracks without causes on both front and back. Pressure or heating issue in some phones?

Forum Legend
Message 25 of 165
Message 25 of 165

Re: Screen cracking for no known reason Z3

You need to either return your device to the place of purchase or contact Xperia care http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Forum Legend
Message 26 of 165
Message 26 of 165

Just to add lots of users tell lies so they can get their device repaired under warranty - sitting on a phone whilst in a back pocket is not a screen that cracked on it's own for no reason

Apprentice
Message 27 of 165
Message 27 of 165

@Thommo wrote:

Just to add lots of users tell lies so they can get their device repaired under warranty - sitting on a phone whilst in a back pocket is not a screen that cracked on it's own for no reason

Okay I can see that hapens, the exact thing happened to my old Xperia Z (I sat with it in my pocket and there were many cracks on the display when I got it out) That is why I upgraded instead of repairing (It was cheaper in the long run). Understandably I did not put my new phone in my back pocket once...this time it is different, I have both phones and there is a stark contrast to the issue. 

There were a lot of apps running at the time, but I genuinely have no idea why this has happened. I'm really annoyed!

I have contacted Xperia Care and I'm waiting to hear back...

One time poster
Message 28 of 165
Message 28 of 165

God I have got the same problem, the screen has on its half a line and just half of touchscreen is working, LCD is perfect and no drops. Sorry for my English.

Message 29 of 165
Message 29 of 165

Where are you getting your sources from Thommo? Or are you just spouting your opinion?
Enthusiast
Message 30 of 165
Message 30 of 165

@tommo, if the Z3 had gorillaglass 3 it would withstand 450 pounds of force before breaking. thats like letting a horse step onto it without breaking. As on the corning website it states that sony does not use this glass. wich is a shame. Because the device would be allot more premium if it did