account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z3 cracked screen

Message 91 of 164
Message 91 of 164

Re: Smashed screen on Z3

I can only go on the experience I've had with Apple and Sony phones, and that of my friends and family. I've personally dropped my iphone more times than I care to remember, it's landed on the front, back, side, been kicked across a car park, been in my bag when I've been knocked off of my bike and it's never smashed. I've had my Z3 4 days and it smashed first drop.

I understand that different drops will cause different results, however the damage to the Z3 looks disproportionate to the fall by any means.

When my wife's iphone screen smashed she made an appointment with apple, turned up at one of their shops and they replaced it there and then at a cost as she had her phone over a year when is smashed. The whole process took less than 30mins.

Sony on the other hand have taken 7 days to assess the phone (it's obvious that the screen has smashed) and are estimating a further two weeks for it to be returned fixed..

Indeed I have friends whose Iphones have been replaced when technically not a warranty issue when damage was caused within days of purchase..

From my own personal experience and that of my wife I don't think many could deny that my old iphone was more robust and that Apple's customer service is infinitely better. Had I been ware of these points prior to purchase I certainly wouldn't have strayed from Apple no matter how much I love the Z3 (other than robustness it is the better phone).

ToI asked the question as to robustness of the Z3 to see other peoples experiences. As at the moment I am not convinced my Z3 would survive for much longer than days with a case let alone without one..

Adviser
Message 92 of 164
Message 92 of 164

Re: Xperia Z3 cracked screen

@Ashutoshjainjbp wrote:

Today is 26th day... Service center guys are still not sure of estimated time.

@kusiju : How much they have quoted for this repair? Please specify your country also.

@kusiju wrote:

Posted my device with cracked front screen 22 days ago. After several chat sessions with Sony I found out that they are waiting for components before they can do the repair.  Someone at Sony customer services  promised me they would get back to me yesterday with an update.......they did not. 

Still no response.  I'm in the UK.  No amount quoted as it is covered by the warranty. 

Apprentice
Message 93 of 164
Message 93 of 164

Re: Broken glass Xperia Z3

Hampus, Sony Xperia Support, said: "I'm sorry to hear. Unfortunately, the phone is not shockproof. If the phone is dropped or similar, it may break." This implies that the phone was not designed to be durable. The word "durable" shows up on the Xperia Z3 webpage as seen here: http://www.sonymobile.com/us/products/phones/xperia-z3-t-mobile/

"The Xperia Z3 is a premium smartphone that does more and takes you farther — it lets you jog in the rain or dive straight into the pool on a sunny summer vacation, without any worries. Since it has the highest waterproof rating possible*, you can find your way in a downpour, take pictures underwater, or just wipe off your phone after an unexpected spill. With a super-slim body and an aluminum frame, the Xperia Z3 is the Android™ smartphone that brings together durability and beauty."

So, my experience with the rear screen breaking when my phone fell from my hand at standing height (approximately 28 inches/70 cm) was heartbreaking. I wonder, if the website states that you can dive right into a pool with this phone in your hand, what force does the impact of the water have on the half of the phone that is not supported by your hand as you dive in recording the event? And I can imagine kids doing this over and over and over trying to get the best footage. My phone's drop, like so many others I've been reading about on this and other forums, was minor and onto a vinyl flooring surface (bonded to wood). One fall, and the battery inside shattered the back side of the glass. At the time I bought my phone (on the launch date of October 23) there was one, very simple and not very protective gel case available. No shock cases, and I watched Verizon's website and searched the Internet every day waiting for more case manufacturers to produce case options. It was only a week after buying my phone that the incident happened with my phone, so those of you out there saying "you should have had a case" can shut your mouths now. This phone STILL has few options. Verizon finally offered a case by Incipio, but it is very slippery and hard to hold, so again I waited for better offerings. Now Otter offers one (saw it at Verizon the other night) yet it is very clunky and more than doubles the thickness of the sleek phone. Silly! So, meanwhile, while thousands are waiting for reasonable case products to become available for purchase, our fragile phones are breaking in great numbers! Look at website again - lots of shots of people doing every day things and even jumping into pools - with the word "durable" attributed to this phone. Sadly, we were all misled. Sony, you owe us a DURABLE product.
Sony Xperia Z3v
Message 94 of 164
Message 94 of 164

The repair centre has had my phone for 3 weeks now.. They say it should be fixed by friday, will have to wait and see!

Message 95 of 164
Message 95 of 164

I believe there was a case which went to court and it was ruled on that software modification cannot alter a warranty claim based on manufacturing defects.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 96 of 164
Message 96 of 164

Cracked Screen

So I bought Two Sony Xperia Z3's so far the first one I dropped and cracked the screen lightly. Later on the screen was unresponsive. I had insurance so i paid the premium and received a new Z3, Then the new Z3 was never dropped had a great protective case. Then boom screen cracked. Has anyone else experienced this??

IMG_2482.jpg

Enthusiast
Message 97 of 164
Message 97 of 164

Re: Cracked Screen

After 1 month, I got my Z3 back. Now waiting for back cover to be delivered by Amazon. Untill then Z3 have to stay in cusioned box.

Talent
Message 98 of 164
Message 98 of 164

Did they charge you if so how much
One time poster
Message 99 of 164
Message 99 of 164

We recently bought Sony Xperia Z3, unfortunatly my friend kept my mobile in his Jeans front pocket, display got damaged unable to use the tocuh. display is working fine. We immediatly check with the Pondicherry authorized service center, they ask us to pay 25K in order to do get a new mobile as replacement and n Chennai showroom they are expecting 18K to do the display replacement. Can anyone help?

Enthusiast
Message 100 of 164
Message 100 of 164

@SathishAyyavoo wrote:

We recently bought Sony Xperia Z3, unfortunatly my friend kept my mobile in his Jeans front pocket, display got damaged unable to use the tocuh. display is working fine. We immediatly check with the Pondicherry authorized service center, they ask us to pay 25K in order to do get a new mobile as replacement and n Chennai showroom they are expecting 18K to do the display replacement. Can anyone help?

Sathish

It seems they are trying to rob you in broad day light, If its just a touch screen glass then it should not cost that much.

Even 12K is not worth for that substandard glass.

So ask them to provide estimate, My repair bill says that it's cost is 16K but there was some discount in the bill. 

(which was not told in advance, as the quotation which I got was of 12K net).

Do let me know if you need my help, I will provide you reference number for my case.