account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z3 cracked screen

Forum Legend
Message 61 of 165
Message 61 of 165

Re: Screen cracking for no known reason Z3

Your post about the EU directive is slightly wrong, 6 months is the cut off point where by the retailer has to prove you caused the damage then after 6 months the consumer has to prove the fault is inherent so before posting or trying to sound clever do some homework on EU consumer law, Also you mentioned the BBC now if you watched the same program last week then you'll have seen the Samsung issue and exploding batteries and fires been started, and yes I have lots of time on my hands, I am after all semi retired

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Enthusiast
Message 62 of 165
Message 62 of 165

Re: My greatly disappointing experience with Sony Xperia Z3

@junior1985nn  

I am awaiting for response on your comments that Z3 is using gorilla / dragontail.

Adept
Message 63 of 165
Message 63 of 165

kindly suggest what if it happens the second day? 

Enthusiast
Message 64 of 165
Message 64 of 165

@Usmab wrote:

kindly suggest what if it happens the second day? 

In India, nothing much you can do, as they are not covering it under warranty and we have to spend atleast 12K Indian Rs. to get it fixed (front touch glass in which LCD is not included) which is 25% of actual cost.

I am still waiting to get it back since 21 days (and counting...)

I regret buying this show piece.

Enthusiast
Message 65 of 165
Message 65 of 165

Is there anybody from India who have got this fixed free of cost??

Visitor
Message 66 of 165
Message 66 of 165

Re: No Guarante for Phone because of a crack at the back

Thanks for the answers, but its asahme that other people have the same problem and that I thought I bought a quality phone.  But obviously I have no guarantee with it I could use but the quality is so bad that I would NEED a guarantee. I cant even recall when I dropped the phone that it got a cracked back. Furthermore, I do not want the back repaired, I want the battery fixed. Searching google showed me that many user have the same issues. Sony is just ignoring it. The messages I get from the support are more than useless. They threatened me that I will loose the guarantee when I get it fixed in a shop. Well, thats one **bleep** of a thread, I will loose what I dont have?

Genius
Message 67 of 165
Message 67 of 165

Hi, not sure but perhaps they would have to take the back glass panel off the phone to do the repair & if that is the case they would have to fit a new one, maybe this is the issue as they cant really put back the broken screen

Visitor
Message 68 of 165
Message 68 of 165

Maybe, but 350 Euro for a backplate? And also they mentioned that because the back was broken, the battery was broken too!

Adept
Message 69 of 165
Message 69 of 165

well that is strange. as strange as it could be. one side they say they cannot open phone until they open the back and on the other hand they say  battery is broken too. how do they tell without even opening it?

Genius
Message 70 of 165
Message 70 of 165

Agree, not sure how they can tell if the battery is broken without stripping it down but that is the problem from what i can gather, they want you to agree to pay for the back glass, they are looking at the cracked panel & thinking that it has been dropped therefore causing internal damage so accidental damage & not warranty....difficult situation to say the least Slightly frowning Face