account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z3 cracked screen

Visitor
Message 141 of 165
Message 141 of 165

Re: Sony told me to fly from Tokyo to Australia to fix my self cracked Z3 :(

I own a leading PR company in Europe, can I help? My Z3 busted sitting on my desk. 

One time poster
Message 142 of 165
Message 142 of 165

Re: Broken glass Xperia Z3

I have a Z3. I have not dropped it or misused it it in any way, and the screen has somehow developed a crack in it. What do I do? is this covered in the warranty?  

One time poster
Message 143 of 165
Message 143 of 165

Re: Xperia Z3 cracked screen

All of you shut up and watch this video! I don't know how you guys have managed to crack your phones, but this is the proof that tempered glass in Xperia Z3 is really tough. And don't forget that you are owners of a premium, elegant smartphones...    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWwwOLSoI3o

One time poster
Message 144 of 165
Message 144 of 165

I am Fan of Sony.  My all mobiles was sony. my Wife Phone Sony. My Laptop Sony. Even I use only Sony Memory Card. Also My Camara is sony. I always Happy to be with Sony.  unfortunatly My Z3 just one week. infront of my friends I pu in to water phone Stop Working. water go from Back cover. We spend money to fix ok. got phone from Service center. came home in night. just put in to charger. phone fall down to carpet not even a half meter glass craked. I never ever expect this from Sony. it's really I saw 1st time Sony Cheating coustomer. it's not cheating they loosing coustemer. here after I hate sony and I never ever Sugest any one. I just loose my mony on Z3 and Service center. no water proof.  they said dust proof. even fall dawn in carpet. glass cracked. cheaper phones much better.  now I am Writing this also from Sony lap..................................

Visitor
Message 145 of 165
Message 145 of 165

I want to put this up on the forum to discourage anyone considering buying a sony experia z3 compact.

The phone itself is great to use, however the screen is not fit for purpose.

After 6 weeks I had to send the phone back for repair as part of the screen had stopped responing to touch. Credit to Sony where due, they fixed the phone promptly and on warranty. 

4 weeks later the screen has developed a crack. I used the phone, put it in my pocket, not more than 5 minutes later I pulled the phone out and the screen was cracked. I KNOW I did not do anyhing that could have damaged it. It was also kept in a rubber case with a tough glass screen protector. On top of this the screen that is broken is the internal part not the glass outer screen.

I have returned the phone to sony but they refuse to fix the phone under warranty. They refuse to acknoledge that there is any known problem with these devices. I find that incredible considering the volume of people on these sites experiencing something similar to me.

I bought this 'premium' phone because I thought Sony made quality products. These phones are not good quality.

You have lost another customer and I will advise everyone else to avoid as well....

Visitor
Message 146 of 165
Message 146 of 165

Nice video.

That only helps my argument. My phone was never subjected to anything like that. Nor was it dropped. But the screen has still broken.

Sony's response to my screen crack was that the screen had been subjected to pressure. Well as the video shows, it is extremely unlikely that pressure could have caused the screen to crack. So what could have done it??? 

Pathetic response from Sony. 

Learner
Message 147 of 165
Message 147 of 165

Likewise, we are now on our third Z3 screen which has just cracked again (around the mouthpiece). The phone has NOT BEEN DROPPED it just cracks. There is clearly a flaw in the screen manufacture or design of this product and repair costs are ridiculous as cracks aren't covered. This is not what I expect from a brand like Sony. We have xperias Z, M2 and Z3 in our family. Not buying another. Very disappointed Sony  

Learner
Message 148 of 165
Message 148 of 165

Wish I'd seen this BBC Watchdog video sooner https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnDZe9KEWyY

I'm up-loading this to help support my case against GiffGaff concerning my self cracking screen... they held me to ransom to repair the screen... I had 3 options :- 1 Pay for the repair, 2 Pay £15 and they return the phone un-repaired, 3. Recycle the handset and I would lose my money and ...
One time poster
Message 149 of 165
Message 149 of 165

Z3 self crakking

Just 8 weeks after I received my Z3 the back screen cracked.

It was laying on my table when i happened. I have never dropped it and always handled it with care, and I have in no way damaged the phone.

It is vary disappointing that a smartphone of this price can break this easy.

I have done some research in to the matter and can see that is a vary debated topic in many forums.

My phone cracked with many cracks. I sent it for repair, via my mobile company where i bought it,  but they denied it because it was not a singlecrack!

I hope Sony will help repair my phone under the warranty, I can see that Sony in the UK urge consumers to contact the service centres for help.

I am missing this help there in Denmark, so I'm hoping this will help.

Hope i will get a usefull anwser.

One time poster
Message 150 of 165
Message 150 of 165

Re: Z3 self crakking

Same story with me. The first first time phone cracked while in a rucksack. We were having a family walk so hardly throwing it around or dropping it. Sony fixed for free.

this time walked to church and it cracked in my pocket. This time £130 bill for it. if I dropped it I would understand, but surely the phone should be good enough to withstand being carried in a trouser pocket.

the other halves is just as bad. One screen broke when in her handbag. The other is partially broken without any reason.

both of us had iPhones for 4 years, never broke a screen or had any damage on it. Will never buy a Sony product again. Not built to be used outside a Lab!