account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z3 cracked screen

Enthusiast
Message 51 of 165
Message 51 of 165

Re: Screen cracking for no known reason Z3

@junior1985nn wrote:
I have stated none of the above and Sony do say the phone is all glass with metal sides.So I knew what I was purchasing and as soon as it arrived beginning of October my case was already waiting for phone.So basically people have not done their homework.What I clearly stated was google previous that are made out of glass and metal.

What I can conclude from your argument is "If you are buying this phone for its looks, then beaware as it can't be used without back case." Sony should publish this in advertisement that we need to do homework before buying this phone.

Anyways have a nice evening.. 

Message 52 of 165
Message 52 of 165

Where did I mention glass sides?Also for your information front is gorilla back is dragontail
Enthusiast
Message 53 of 165
Message 53 of 165

Amending my comments....

From where you found about gorilla / dragontail.. please share the links.

@junior1985nn wrote:
Where did I mention glass sides?Also for your information front is gorilla back is dragontail

Talent
Message 54 of 165
Message 54 of 165

@junior1985nn i dont think sony is using gorilla glass for the front and i am not sure of the rear glass. check in corning site they dont have any reference to sony products using gorilla glass.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 55 of 165
Message 55 of 165

@junior1985nn 

Please let us know source of your information.

If SONY have publish this information then I will challenge them to proove it.

Cheers!!

Apprentice
Message 56 of 165
Message 56 of 165

I have just had the same thing happen today, was fine this morning went on my phone on my lunch break and theres a similar hairline crack across the lower right portion of the screen, no drops, no signs of damage to the sides and I have a 3 year old iphone 4s with a crack free screen which proves I'm careful with phones Slightly smiling Face

Just reported to customer care so the phone will be sent back soon. Really disappointed Slightly frowning Face 

ED. Also, I walked into a three store to mention this and was told by a rep that this isnt the first xperia z3 she has seen with an identical crack, several other people have been in (busy store on Oxford St. London).

Apprentice
Message 57 of 165
Message 57 of 165

@batousan wrote:

I have just had the same thing happen today, was fine this morning went on my phone on my lunch break and theres a similar hairline crack across the lower right portion of the screen, no drops, no signs of damage to the sides and I have a 3 year old iphone 4s with a crack free screen which proves I'm careful with phones Slightly smiling Face

Just reported to customer care so the phone will be sent back soon. Really disappointed Slightly frowning Face 

ED. Also, I walked into a three store to mention this and was told by a rep that this isnt the first xperia z3 she has seen with an identical crack, several other people have been in (busy store on Oxford St. London).

Unfortunately similiar, Sony cannot surely ignore this. I have sent mine back (Thursday) and am waiting to hear more. I didn't get any help when taking back where I bought it...I think it's the right thing to go straight to sony.

Apprentice
Message 58 of 165
Message 58 of 165

I've had apple phones for the last 6 years, and never smashed a screen, I believe there is a medal for this.... I'm using to having a delicate screen, although the Z3 is supposed to be an extremely durable phone I treat it with the same level of care so this is very suprising to see after only a couple of months of use.

I found this thread on xda that I will contribute to the list of people with the same boat, if this was an Apple issue it would be all over bbc news etc...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3-compact/general/glass-cracking-t2899480/page11

Forum Legend
Message 59 of 165
Message 59 of 165

Keep searching XDA and you'll find the same for the bendy iPhone and the exploding Samsung

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Apprentice
Message 60 of 165
Message 60 of 165

Alright smart ar$e I dont have either of those so not relevant, just pointing out there are other people have this Slightly smiling Face

Just to be clear, please bear in mind this is nothing like the smashed screen you see 90% of iphones with, this is someone who is used to "having nice things". 

Disclaimer:

a) This phone has not been under extreme pressure 

b) I do not wear skinny Jeans

c) I do not sit on my phone

d) I am not stupid enough to test for #bendgate

e) I have had enough glass phones to know what not to do

d) I am not clumsy

f) I do not need 6,000 posts to prove credibility

If this happened after the warranty was up (2 years) I would have accepted this and replaced with another phone, after just 2 months of use, no different to that of my previous phones I would suggest that this particular one is subject to a defect and not of satisfactory quality.

Also, Thommo, I don't know where your from (probably someone in a service centre given your previous post) but under an EU derective its actually the responsibility of the manufacturer to prove a consumer has caused damage to a product which has caused it to be defective, not someone on a forum who has too much time to make silly assumptions and accusations.