account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z3 cracked screen

Rookie
Message 41 of 165
Message 41 of 165

Re: My greatly disappointing experience with Sony Xperia Z3

i have an issue too about durablity. 40 cm of fall and corner of corner plastic cracked in. after a while it fell off. a smal fragment of plastic corner thing. i dont know if its still water proof or not. but im sure they will say its misuse. so frustrated with that phone too. plus headphone volume is VERY LOW. and they rejected help about side fo their very own new headphones.

Message 42 of 165
Message 42 of 165

Re: Xperia Z3 cracked screen

I hadn't find any before on eBay, well... Time to fix it then. 

Thanks a lot mate!

Enthusiast
Message 43 of 165
Message 43 of 165

Re: Xperia Z3 cracked screen

Similar thing happened to me... Its really bad... I have given it to service center and waiting since last 21 days to get it back. They are charging nearly 25% of original price to replace this piece of so called high quality glass.

Enthusiast
Message 44 of 165
Message 44 of 165

Re: My greatly disappointing experience with Sony Xperia Z3

I have used many high-end smartphones from many companies but never have such bad experience.

Other phones don't break in such small falls, even they survive much more impact then what Z3 can.

My touch screen (LCD is intact) got broken and they are charging me 25% of my purchase price for this sub standard plain glass.

I have observed that SONY don't have any repeat customers, people buy there phones and after there bad experiences they get rid of it ASAP. I will be doing the same as soon as I get it back from service center ( I am waiting for it since last 21 days )

SONY really needs to think about it. 

GoodBye SONY

Enthusiast
Message 45 of 165
Message 45 of 165

Re: Screen cracking for no known reason Z3

@Thommo wrote:

My sources - Have you ever visited a repair centre and seen some of these phones that owners claim have cracked on their own or are you spouting your mouth off and are trying to sound clever

Dear THOMO

Few months back, I too don't believe in self cracking screens. But after buying SONY Z3, I think it is possible.

My Z3 touch screen didn't cracked on itself; but it did't withstand fall of 10cms on vinyl floor. 

So unless you have used other companies product you will not understand the meaning of minmum duriability.

Message 46 of 165
Message 46 of 165

No good trying to **bleep** someone off who helps people on here.Under most vinyl floors lies concrete,If I sat on my ray bans and broke them,it's my fault not ray bans.I have not seen one post on here were someone has said the phone had a case on when its been dropped,fell off a table or fell off a wall.But I do notice everyone carries a tape measure with them.My suggestion is don't buy a tape measure buy a decent case
Enthusiast
Message 47 of 165
Message 47 of 165

@junior1985nn wrote:
No good trying to **bleep** someone off who helps people on here.Under most vinyl floors lies concrete,If I sat on my ray bans and broke them,it's my fault not ray bans.I have not seen one post on here were someone has said the phone had a case on when its been dropped,fell off a table or fell off a wall.But I do notice everyone carries a tape measure with them.My suggestion is don't buy a tape measure buy a decent case

Cool Down Man.

Tell me, if you are sitting on the floor with phone on your lap and it slip's to the floor... do you need a measuring tape to understand the fall... or do you need to learn rocket science to understand the quality of glass used in touch screen and back panel or flaw in design?

My point is there are many highend phones in market which are much more durable then Z3 under same condition.

Also, I tried to buy decent case on first day itself, but you know what shop keepers told me (I visited atlest 50 shops).... there are very few buyers for these phones... so they don't stock it... I checked for the case in 3 metro cities.. and online also... but it was not available at that time...

So just chill and don't try to gag the real issue.

Message 48 of 165
Message 48 of 165

Amazon have plenty of goodc cases for Z3.As for rocket science go google previous phones that are made out of glass and metal.
Enthusiast
Message 49 of 165
Message 49 of 165

@junior1985nn wrote:
Amazon have plenty of goodc cases for Z3.As for rocket science go google previous phones that are made out of glass and metal.

So you are saying that Z3 is SAME as other non reliable (faulty designed products with substandard parts) previously launched by SONY and other companies, and SONY have nothing good to offer. 

For backcases, I have said that it was not available AT THAT TIME, I know that, now it is available online. But now, I am not interested in this phone which is just a showpiece, so will be selling it as soon as I receive it after the repairs.

It will be good if people like you and me give true feedback to SONY so that it can improve there product quality and design.

And let someone from SONY respond on some tough questions like

- What material/standard they use to prepare the glass panel?

- What is maximum value of stress / drop / Impact these touch panel can withstand, and have they tested it?

So my friend Mr. Junior just relax and let SONY answer these questions.

Highlighted
Message 50 of 165
Message 50 of 165

I have stated none of the above and Sony do say the phone is all glass with metal sides.So I knew what I was purchasing and as soon as it arrived beginning of October my case was already waiting for phone.So basically people have not done their homework.What I clearly stated was google previous that are made out of glass and metal.