account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia Z3 cracked screen

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 31 of 165
Message 31 of 165

Re: Screen cracking for no known reason Z3

My sources - Have you ever visited a repair centre and seen some of these phones that owners claim have cracked on their own or are you spouting your mouth off and are trying to sound clever

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Apprentice
Message 32 of 165
Message 32 of 165

I don't doubt some cases are laughable. This is mine though, you can just about see the crack...Are there any sony repair shops you can go to? Or are they all by post?DSC_0011.JPG

Forum Legend
Message 33 of 165
Message 33 of 165

As above @Dave_thorp You need to either return your device to the place of purchase or contact Xperia care http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

If you want to know if a service centre is near you then contact Xperia care - But I find well here in the UK the best place to visit 1st is the place of purchase

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

One time poster
Message 34 of 165
Message 34 of 165

Re: Xperia Z3 cracked screen

Hello everyone, 

I was at universty today listening to music on my new Xperia z3,  sitting on th floor, the phone slipped on my leg and hit the ground. The distance is less than  20 cm, only to my freakin surprise i see that the xperia z3 dual screen cracked. I used to love my xperia z1 that is why i decided to go for the z3 but with what happened today, i doubt it that i will ever buy a new sony phone. which also explains the huge price drop of this phone, i regret buying it for this is not even good let alone great, this is  stupid and i want my money back. 

One time poster
Message 35 of 165
Message 35 of 165

My greatly disappointing experience with Sony Xperia Z3

Dear Sony Xperia support (or CEO)

I was very excited to recently purchase (November 1st) Sony Xperia Z3 after staring at it on your website for months on end. My experience however has turned out very poorly and very quickly. I'm writing to express my dissatisfaction with your product in hopes you can help remedy the situation (if this email doesn’t end in a junk mail also, I won’t feel like I gave up on my rights as a consumer).

I bought my Sony Xperia Z3 on November 1st through an installment plan from Batelco , super excited , I obviously signed up for the best plan they had which included a one year warranty through their agent (MCC- Mobile Care Center) in Bahrain.

Here’s where the nightmare began (really!  I actually had a nightmare about this last night, seeing how bothered and disappointed I am) Last Friday night (queue katy perry’s hit song on my none-existent Walkman installed on my phone) the 14th at around midnight, my new beautiful, white , Sony Xperia Z3 took a dive! Well , not a dive in water. My Z3 slid off my sofa , head onto the floor only 30cm off the floor ! Why did I specify the height , you ask?

It is really important that I stress this! This 30cm off the floor cracked the entire back of my new Sony Xperia Z3 .As you know, since the Sony Xperia Z3 is waterproof, I cannot just replace the back side, I have to buy an entire new phone unless I am willing to let go of a major feature of the phone (which I sadly have not experienced yet but truly wish I had)

Now here’s why I am upset. (I’m sure you have it figured out by now) …..

I was asked by the agent to pay an extra (BD90) to replace my lovely, now broken, Sony Xperia Z3 Claiming it was “misuse” and according to your lovely support lady on the phone “ you know it’s made of glass”

This is not misuse.

This is, me, and every other person who buys the Z3, using our device. For a phone to break from one slid off a sofa, that is not misuse, this is manufacturing, quality, durability, reliability and credibility of your promise to me, yes me, your consumer.

To point out, I just started my installment plan meaning I am not only paying BD90 , I still have to pay for the phone till November 2015!

Sony Xperia Z3 now = BD 410!

When I bought Sony Xperia Z3 , I wasn’t buying it simply cause it looked pretty. I bought it because of your slogan in the campaign! it worked! … here’s your slogan!

Don’t settle for good. Demand great.

Capture.JPG

Being a consumer, I actually bought that! Your slogan worked (along with the lovely visual/videos), congratulate your marketing department. I bought the Sony Xperia Z3 believing I am buying the phone that will give Iphone6 nightmares! I am buying a durable phone, a great piece of technology that pushes boundaries with out-of-this-world features that makes anyone who bought an Iphone looks like an idiot who just impulse bought a very expensive version of a Samsung.

I’ve waited for so long to buy this phone and up until now I regarded SONY as an excellent organization. I have every faith therefore that you will do what you can to rectify this situation.

From a very broken hearted costumer,

Mariam Sallam

Apprentice
Message 36 of 165
Message 36 of 165

Sony Xperia Z3v is FRAGILE!

I was the first -and only apparently - nerd to show up at Verizon in my home town on the Z3v launch date. I had to ask someone to check inventory out back as they didn't even know that October 23rd was the not-so-hyped launch for the Z3v. HA! While this phone is an amazing device, there is ZERO iPhone-style hype about it. Anyway, I was worried as I took hold of the only black one they had in stock as it felt a little fragile to me. The glass faces on both sides make for a slippery to hold device, especially considering that the size - Goldilocks-like right between the 6 & 6 Plus - makes it harder to hold carefully in one hand. Since the phone is so dang new, they only had one case available, a silicone surface protection type, but no shock protection cases. There was also nothing online at the time, so I decided to hold off and be super careful.

Well, last week I was walking into my kitchen, holding the phone in my left hand, when my arm swing caused the corner of the phone to make contact with my jeans, and the semi-grippy edge band grabbed my pants and the phone launched from my fingertips. It thankfully landed back-side down on the floor, which is only sheet vinyl, not tile. However, despite only a 2-foot fall, the battery inside shattered the back glass from within. Awesome. Not even two weeks old. My fears have been proven true. Take note everyone. This phone has everything but the kitchen sink, yet you need a shock case. Without a case, even setting it atop my wallet on the counter, it slowly slides off the leather as if coated in Teflon. This phone will get dropped. Guaranteed. No different from all the others.

Xperia_Z3v.jpg

I've since returned to Verizon, and they now offer a two-layer (silicone inner, hard shell outer) case by Incipio, in black or purple (why are the only 2 cases Verizon offers coming in purple?) but oddly enough the outer surface of the case feels slick, and actually harder to hold than the base shell of the phone itself. I can't win. Meanwhile, I'm thinking the postal packing tape on the back glass - holding the splintery shards in place - will suffice for now, yet I'm sure my awesome new waterproof phone is no longer waterproof. I'm glad I bought the insurance, though the deductible is ridiculous.

Right now we can look back 10 years and say "Isn't it funny that phones used to flip open, and you had to hit the number keys over and over to chose letters to send a text?" I hope that ten years from now (sooner?!) we can say "Remember back when smart phones always used to shatter if you dropped one?"

Sony Xperia Z3v
Message 37 of 165
Message 37 of 165

Re: My greatly disappointing experience with Sony Xperia Z3

There are so many sad stories on here about phones getting dropped or falling off things. I always have my phones in cases and I have dropped them.The case always protected the phones.So I don't think Sony can be held responsible for people dropping phones or phones falling off things.My opinion is buy a phone and make sure you buy a case.
Emperor
Message 38 of 165
Message 38 of 165

Re: Sony Xperia Z3v is FRAGILE!

I'm sorry to hear that and no, you should not risk to expose your phone to water. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 39 of 165
Message 39 of 165

Sorry to hear that but if you dropped your phone and damaged the phone there's not much to say here than contact your local Xperia Care

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 40 of 165
Message 40 of 165

I just posted about the same problem and included a photo. I think that the factory in China where these are made is using inferior back glass for this phone. The battery inside must not be solidly fastened in place and is acting like a pendulum against the inside of the back glass when this phone hits a surface with it's back side facing down. Poor design, and I hope Sony makes a quick change to this!! I also feel the same way about the waterproof feature being void due to this shattered glass.

Sony Xperia Z3v