account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Xperia Z3 cracked screen

Emperor
Message 11 of 165
Message 11 of 165

Re: Xperia Z3 cracked screen

Or ebay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Replacement-Parts-Tools-/43304/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=xperia+z3+lcd

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 12 of 165
Message 12 of 165

No Guarante for Phone because of a crack at the back

Hello,

I bought a Xperia Z2 a couple of months ago. It was working fine, even though I dropped it once and got a crack at the back. Everything was working though. Suddenly it stopped working one day, just a black screen, the red light is flashing when I try to charge it. Ok, I thought, good I have a guarantee, went to the shop I bought it from and they sent it to Sony. 4 weeks later I got the message that because of the crack there is no gurantee. I did not want the back fixed, I can live with that, but I wanted the phone to work again (google helped to show that I am not the only one with that problem). When I buy a car, and have a dent somewhere, the car dealer wont refuse guarantee on the engine. But why did Sony refuse the guarantee? Makes me really sad.

anyone else got the same issues?

Regards

Sony Xperia Support
Message 13 of 165
Message 13 of 165

Re: No Guarante for Phone because of a crack at the back

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Sorry to hear about your phone.

As i don't know what type of issue the service location has found in your phone i'm afraid i can't say if it something that's covered by warranty or not. I recommend that you contact your local support team for more information and assistance in this case.
But from what you're describing i suspect that you will need to first pay for a new glass before the service location can make any other repairs (which may or may not be covered by warranty). As the service location will not be able to put back a broken glass they need to know if you want that repair done and if you accept the cost of it.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 14 of 165
Message 14 of 165

Thanks for the answer. As the screen is still broken, the Service must not have been able to open it to see what is broken. The shopowner now offered to fix it for 49,90€. Do I still have guarantee then? How much would a replacement cost done at Sony? If I pay for the backcover, would the other issue be a gurantee? (I did not drop the phone into water or anything, it literraly stopped working from one second to the other).

Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 165
Message 15 of 165

You should not let anyone but an authorized service location open the phone. If someone that's not authorized opens the phone it will void the warranty.

Warranty and repairs is handled by your local Sony Xperia support so i'm afraid i don't know the cost. Please contact them for more information: http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/.

Depending on what's causing the other issue, it may be covered by warranty after you have paid for the glass. Only the service location will be able to see that after they have investigated it.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 16 of 165
Message 16 of 165

I just got the Info from the Shop I bought the XperiaZ2 from, that Sony wated to charge 350€ to replace the backplate. So in fact there is no guarantee for the device, as I would have to pay 350 Euro before even knowing if there is a defect covered by guarantee. What can I do? It took sony several weeks to inform the shop that the backplate replacement costs 350 € and I am without a phone.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 17 of 165
Message 17 of 165

I suggest that you contact your local Sony Xperia support in this case for more information and assistance.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 18 of 165
Message 18 of 165

Dear friend

there is no guarantee so I suggest you to spend 49 Euro and get it fix. you could buy a new phone for 350 euros. so I suggest get it fix from anywhere you got it fixed cheap.

there was a time when the name Sony was a guarantee itself. I am a customer since 80s. in that time Sony use to have televisions. when someone bought Sony products in those time there use to be no guarantee on it but the competitors offer five year guarantee. but people use to buy sony because the name was guarantee. and that is where the phrase Its a sony  arise.

Sony may be having expertise in Television but certainly not in the smartphone market. at least not what they claim to have. we have made a mistake trusting the brand and not looking into the product we bought. now we have to live with it. the phone is full of defects and the company do not own it. its not unusuall to drop the smartphone . but in otherbrands you do not get a crack until and unless you bang it really hard on the ground. anyways I suggest get it fixed as cheap as possible and do not worry about the fake guarantee Sony is offering.

Message 19 of 165
Message 19 of 165

Other phone manufacturers will fix a broken phone that has a cracked screen. My friend had an apple iPhone with a cracked screen and when her battery died apple fixed it for free, regardless of the broken screen. I think Sony is trying to make more money from you by forcing you pay for a repair you don't want in order to get a different one fixed. Your car/garage analogy is spot on. Can you speak to trading standards where you are?
Visitor
Message 20 of 165
Message 20 of 165

my 5days old xperia z3 is not working!pls help

i bought a sony xperia z3, on the 5th day i accidentaly dropped it on the wall, and down to my bed (foam) and when i check the phone, the screen is still clear without any damage, but the right side of phone is a bit open on volume side and at the back its quite open too. i try to open it but its dead already, i search over the internet to check the solutions like reboot it, push the yellow sign near sim card slot, and dowload the sony pc,companion and repair for it but nothing happens, even my pc cannot read my phone. But i tried to charge it, there is just a red led light, but when i take off the charger just nothing. pls. help me, i havent check this to nearest repair shop. pls anyone thank you