account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z3 cracked screen

Message 9 of 165
Message 9 of 165

Xperia Z3 cracked screen

Hello,

Yesterday my Xperia Z3 fell of the chair I was sitting on, it's not even 40cm height yet the screen cracked and now half of it is not responding. I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed as to how easily that happened but I'm hoping there's a way to have it fixed. I have not been able to find any replacement screens anywhere for the phone. Any chance I can buy one from you? I'm not looking to have the phone replace since I'm sure warranty probably doesn't cover falls (even that small) but I would like to get it fixed since I've only had it for 4 days now.

Thanks!

164 REPLIES 164
One time poster
Message 1 of 165
Message 1 of 165

Broken glass Xperia Z3

my Xperia Z3 was only five days old.
It was lying on the coffee table as a message came in.
By Fibrator the Xperia wandered direction table edge and fell down.
It was about 60 cm deep on the carpet, thereby breaking the glass.
A repair now costs me 250 Eur., I'm very disappointed, that's the Xperia so very sensitive and even a relatively innocuous fall from can.
The Xperia liked otherwise very good, but maybe I should re-
guenterlue

Forum Legend
Message 2 of 165
Message 2 of 165

Re: Broken glass Xperia Z3

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I'm sorry to hear.  Unfortunately, the phone is not shockproof. If the phone is dropped or similar, it may break. 

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 165
Message 3 of 165

actuallu i dont know xperia z3 but is that the problem come from back cover you can buy a back cover glass you can get one from ebay ithink its only 10-15 usd $ i dont know what item you talking ok

Do not forget to give kudosKudos 2.JPGand to select the correct answer Solution.JPG

Learner
Message 4 of 165
Message 4 of 165

Mine was 11 days old when it got broken, i sent to service center and i had to pay $390 for a replacement, apparently z3 is too slippery and the screen is not so shock proof, i regret buying it.
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 5 of 165
Message 5 of 165

is it a display or back  glass?i said that price was back glass ok not a screen

One time poster
Message 6 of 165
Message 6 of 165

Can you please tell me what cover you mean exactly please, i have lost myself in the coversation somehow, to me it looks like quite a few words were missing in the conversation, is there a cover that can protect your screen as well as the back without it being one of the leather ones.

Many thanks x   Thinking Face

One time poster
Message 7 of 165
Message 7 of 165

My phone is less than 3 weeks old. Never fallen down, never beaten by hard tools or whatever. No visible damages can be seen on the phone.

After just walking home around 500m and wearing the phone in the trouthers - doing realy nothing unusuall - the display was broken.

Hey this can only be a production problem! I will contact support on monday, but feel there will be no positive response.

Any good suggestions?

Adviser
Message 8 of 165
Message 8 of 165

My Z3 fell down from ship´s chart table which was about 1 meter high. Fortunately there was a carpet next to the table where Z3 landed successfully - so no single damage found :-)  . And yes, there was no protective case installed on my Z3 as they are not available here yet...but Copter screenprotector was set though... at least, I´m satisfied with Z3´s durability. 

pinguu 

Emperor
Message 10 of 165
Message 10 of 165

Re: Xperia Z3 cracked screen

Sorry to hear that but you have to contact your local Xperia Care

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)