account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z3 Top Speaker issue

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Xperia Z3 Top Speaker issue

Hi, I have some issues with my top speaker on Xperia Z3. I bought the phone 6 months ago, and I was very happy with it, but in the last two weeks the top speaker stopped working properly. It's very low, if I play music (or any other sound on any app) and I cover the bottom speaker I barely hear anything, and if I cover the top speaker it doesn't make a difference at all. It seems like just the bottom speaker works as it should anymore. Today I've noticed that the top speaker started overheating, and it's not the phone itself overheating, it's just the speaker, after 5-10 minutes of playing music. I know there are a few posts about issues with the top speaker, but I couldn't find a solution and no one had the same problem as me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Xperia Z3 Top Speaker issue

I personally would back everything up and perform a repair installation on pc companion.
If that fails to fix the problem, I suggest contacting your local support.
http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

I personally would back everything up and perform a repair installation on pc companion.
If that fails to fix the problem, I suggest contacting your local support.
http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

It made a little difference, but the problem still exists, it's still not working as it should be working. I guess I'll have to contact the service support. Cheers for the reply mate!

One time poster
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Since i've updated my z3 to 23.4.A.1.264 my top speaker sounds lower than the bottom speaker. If anyone can tell me is this a software bag from sony, and if i flash the cell phone back to kit-kat, what will happend. Will this problem disappear with the kit-kat. Pls anyone who is having the same problem to tell me a solution what should i do ?

Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Top speaker at least 50% quieter than bottom speaker?

Hi I recently noticed that while playing music/podcasts on my phone that the top speaker is a least 50% quieter than the bottom speaker? is this normal and also if not can I get this fixed under warranty? 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Re: Top speaker at least 50% quieter than bottom speaker?

Hello, Even I had the same issue. Low volume from top speaker during music playback and also in calls.

For me it was an hardware issue. The glue that was used to stick panel got all over the top speaker making it to sound lower. Also after repeated submerge in water, dust gets clogged there which makes things worse. I got it fixed in service center( During my broken screen replacement). Get your phone checked in authorised Sony Service Center. I think they will fix it under warranty.

Thank You.

Walking in Water with Xperia. Happy to have KUDOS:smileysmileythumbsup: if I was helpful.