account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z3+ Cant find sim

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Xperia Z3+ Cant find sim

Got a brand new phone from my friend. It has no warranty left but the phone is not used. The phone can not find the SIM card. At the top of the display is a gray blank card that says "no sim card"

Have updated the phone with Companion and did not work. Repaired the phone with the same application and did not work ...

Went to my operator and swapped SIM card and did not work either.

The SIM card holder feels very bad and plastic but does not feel like it's the fault.

I have no guarantee and I will send it. I will receive a proposal. Please help me

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Xperia Z3+ Cant find sim

Hi @stevegalloway, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Based on the troubleshooting that you have already done on your own, it does sound like this is related to the hardware in the device, however just to make sure, take a look at the link below and make sure that the SIM card is inserted correctly, both in the SIM card tray and that the tray is inserted correctly in the device.

Z3+ Dual SIM

Z3+ Single SIM

You can also contact your Local support team and see if they can arrange a new SIM card tray for you, just to make sure that we cover all the bases, so the device is not sent in when it doesn't need to be. However, should the device still not recognize the SIM card, it will need to be examined by a trained technician and the Local support team will arrange a repair for you.

Let me know how it goes! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.