account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z3 - Bluetooth turns on by itself

Learner
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Xperia Z3 - Bluetooth turns on by itself

I don't know if anyone has experienced the same problem but my phone switches on Bluetooth on its own after I leave it to sleep for awhile. It happens when I use it for awhile, lock it and when I turn it back on, the Bluetooth is on.
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Xperia Z3 - Bluetooth turns on by itself

You might have set smart connect to do that.Settings-apps-all-smart connect,clear data.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

HI Benzerk,

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

If clearing the data does not help, then you may need to look through any new apps you may have downloaded, as they may have some setting that allows Bluetooth to turn on at different points in time.

I hope this helps.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Clearing it doesn't help! It still turns on by itself. Maybe I'll do a factory reset. Sadly, my battery doesn't last two days either it's only been 2.5 hours and my battery is 20% gone. Haha.
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

2 days does not mean you can have screen on for 48 hours.They work on average use of 5 hours a day.All smartphone makers do
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

Does this issue continue when the device is loaded in Safemode?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Learner
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

I did not try it in safe mode but I factory reset my phone and it's fine now. Lost my files though.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Hi Benzerk,

I'm glad to hear that you managed to resolve this issue. I hope all goes well for the future.

Rookie
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

I have the same problem and I was hoping to find a solution without factory reset.i don,t want to lose any data
One time poster
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

you can backup your data by copying phone content to a hard drive,

then after factory reset, put the files back in.