account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia Z3 Always Black Screen After Restart

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Xperia Z3 Always Black Screen After Restart

Hello,

I have a problem with my devices Xperia Z3 Compact. When I restarted the phone, everything is good, but a couple second later, the screen is blackout and I can't touch anything in my phone. The only way to solved it by press and hold power button until popup power off show up. It always happen when I restart the phone. When I press n hold power button, I press "recent button" there are app called "Style Cover" always on top and this app that make my phone is black screen. I already do factory reset (to Android 6.0), but the issue is still exist. I try to turn off the Style Cover from Settings->apps->style cover, it doesn't work. Any suggestions for this issue.?

Thanks you15576511507062668142162472857872.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Xperia Z3 Always Black Screen After Restart

Hi @Kokosip, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

This application should only control the functionality in the device when you have a Style Cover attached and "installed", however there does not seem to be such a cover attached to your device.

Is there any change if you go to Settings > Apps > Style Cover > Storage > Clear data > OK? If there isn't, try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion and remember to backup your data as this reset will delete all data stored on the internal storage of the device.

Let me know if that helps!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.