account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Will Z3 jack connector broke again?

Regular
Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

Re: Will Z3 jack connector broke again?

Yes, they are: https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00HX9AJ5M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Are you trying to go Off-Topic? You know, this technique doesn't work with me.

Demigod
Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

Allice,  no one is going off topic, you have few responses about the jack,  what other informations do you need? Most of the new phones have the jack inserted,  if they wont work its either the hardware or software or you were inserting them with a big amount of force. Saying you haven't inserted your headset with a big amount of force wont change anything because sony will say is it your fault or the jacks.

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

@Alis,

Please understand that we are here to help you and most of us are not with Sony, we are other Xperia owners assisting you and others with their problems. We enjoy and like our Xperia devices and want to help. So, understand that no one is using techniques or tactics to get you off-topic or steer you in the wrong direction.

You might want to consider getting another headphone set to see if they cause you any issues. The ones I am using are as follows:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Premium-Headset-Non-Retail-Packaging/dp/B007C5S3AU/ref=sr_1_2?s=wirele...

I have several sets of these and they work without issue with my Xperia... given the phone controls don't work like they did on the Samsung Galaxy S3, but that is expected.

Regular
Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

What information I need? Well: is the Z3's jack connector quality the same of the one on Z3 Compact?

If yes, bye bye Sony.

I not, Xperia Z3 all the life.

Is it a weird question? Surely less weird of you and insisting that I put my headshet in phone with a big amount of force when I wrote you two times that I don't. And when I talk about a serious thing (to spend 550 euros for a flagship) and people ignore what I'm saying / want to understand only what they want I get a lot irritated.

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

@Alis,

Those of us who have not owned both the Z3 and the Z3c can confirm the build quality or parts of the phone jack. We don't have the technical or build specifications of these devices.

With that being said, your experience will vary (Will be different.) than my experience or others. Thus, there are many of us that do not have your problem. Also, one or two devices, your Z3c, doesn't mean that all devices have that same issue, this assumes that you aren't causing the issue accidenlty or on purpose. It is possible that both of your Z3c devices came from the same location or build batch? There isn't a way for you to know this, but it is possible that the batch that your devices came from did have an issue. In any case, if you get it from a respectible source, you should be able to return it if you are not pleased with it.

Regular
Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

To change headset... well, it may be a solution, unfortunately for the next Z3. It's so sad that the headset desined for this line of products cause al this issues to the jack connector. Saddest is the fact that this headset has a BIG sound quality and I have to change it :/

Well so, thanks for help. I'm going to sleep now, hoping tomorrow someone will gove some other suggests to avoid this future problem.

Edit: No wait, if you read my first message I said that this is the second Xperia Z3C which loose the jack connector.

Emperor
Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

@AlisGelida

You don't have to convince us. 

Either: 

1. you got a Z3 with manufacturer defects.

or 

2. you are causing this issue. 

Either or, contact your local Xperia Care. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Regular
Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

Uff. It's too hard to explain a so common defect like the Z3C's one. Look at this, I have exactely the same problem of the user who opened this thread: https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Headphone-jack-loose/td-p/843137

Emperor
Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

@AlisGelida

What's the point on creating a new post on the same question/topic that has been answered?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

This topic is locked,please do not create other threads.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.