account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Why Does Current Tab Close When I Tap on New Tab?

Adviser
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Why Does Current Tab Close When I Tap on New Tab?

On my sony z3  after I click google and go to my outlook email I can't then open a 2nd window without the outlook window closing, or at least not be visable when i look for by tapping the square icon on the screen's bottom right.  I thought I used to be able to do this by tapping the 3 vertical dots on the upper right and a New Tab appears. But when I tap on it the Outlook window closes.

That is, after I open my online bank account I then need to leave it open and go to my outlook account to retrieve the pass code. But then my bank window closes, or vice versa.

So how do I configure the phone to keep those windows open simultaneously?

OR will both windows remain open if i instead hit the google or chrome icon and go to my online bank that way, instead of tapping on those vertical dots at the upper right?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Why Does Current Tab Close When I Tap on New Tab?

Bingo! Found a solution: There's a tiny square box in the upper right corner between the web address bar and those 3 vertical dots. It shows the number of windows you have open.