account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Which SD card should i buy for my Xperia Z3?

Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Which SD card should i buy for my Xperia Z3?

Hey!

I just bought a Sony Xperia Z3, and need to buy an sd card for it. Im considering either the Samsung evo or the samsung evo plus. The Samsung evo got 48MB/S read speed and 48MB/S write speed. The Samsung evo plus got 80MB/S write speed and 20MB/S read speed.

Which one should i get? Are there any limitations as far as how fast an sd card can work on a phone? What is most important, reading or writing speed? Are any of the cards overkill in one area or underwhelming in another?

They are available for about the same price and i'm planning to buy a 128GB card.

I'll appreciate any helpful information you guys can give me.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Which SD card should i buy for my Xperia Z3?

I would suggest a Sony or Sandisk microSD. And UHS I is more than enough for a smartphone.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Emperor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

@Snakemaster8434

if they are the same price or almost the same price go with the fastest writting/reading SD card. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

What card are you talking about, man? The Samsung evo?

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I believe he is referring to either of the two manufacturers supplied by Alexdon. 

They are both really great SD card for use with Android devices.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

I have used the Sony UHS-I since I bought the phone last year.Model no.SR-32uya.Not had any problems with it.