account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Viewing contacts on PC companion and other problems

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Viewing contacts on PC companion and other problems

Hi, OK so i have saved my contacts information from my z3 to sony PC companion, but i can not see how to view my contacts in PC companion, if for example i loose my phone then how can i view my contacts on my PC ?

My music is playing up on my phone, so if i go to deelte a playlist there is no option to delete it, only the share etc option , also if i go to add a song to a playlist , the list of playlists does not show , only an option to start a new playlist shows up, so basicly i have to make a new playlist per each song, obviously this can`t be right. I took my phone in for an emplyee of a mobile phone shop to see my problem and he agrees that something is wrong. I look foreward to your advice. thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Viewing contacts on PC companion and other problems

The closest I can get in how to access data in back-up files is this: http://www.johannesdeml.com/blog/extract-data-sony-pc-companion-backup/

Learner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Thank for your reply but i really for the life of me can not understand why is it all so complicated , it seems ridiculous that you can not just copy your phone contacts to your PC to save in case you loose your phone.

Having just spent hours trying to sort out my photos from PC companion to put back onto my phone after replacing the memory card i can only conclude that the Sony PC companion is not very good at all and needs to have a total sort out.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

There are other places on the net like Google where you may synch and edit all your contacs without the need of PC Companion.

Learner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Ahh right, i shall look into it.. actually i did sort out all of my photos and videos with out the use of PC companion.

Learner
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I wish

I so wish that somebody somewhere could tell me how to save my phone number contacts and put them onto my PC. I have tried all sorts and really can not believe that this task is so impossible, it is ridiculous. I can not view my contacts on PC companion, i have tried saving htem to the foogle mail account but when i try to view them it is not possible. By the time i find a solution i may as well have just hand written down every phone number onto a piece of paper,, so much for technology.

Heeeeellllllppp please....

Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Re: Viewing contacts on PC companion and other problems.

tracking lost samsung galaxy S6 mobile

Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Re: Viewing contacts on PC companion and other problems.

how do i find my backup contacts on pc in my bookmarks? as I have lost my samsung mobile?