account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Video and Sound out of sync

Rookie
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Video and Sound out of sync

My videos used to be ok. But now I have issues when recording videos with my Z3.
Sometimes the video seems to lag during the recording. Not much but you can see it. When I check the recording, I see that the sound and the picture are out of sync. The pictures start first. When the movie is over, you can still hear the sound (slightly less than half a second).

I recently set my phone to encrypted mode. I am not sure if this might be causing the issues I have.

Does anybody have the same problems?
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Video and Sound out of sync

@SaschaP

That could be the cause, are you saving the videos on the internal storage or an Sd card?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Do you experience the same while on safe mode?

How to boot on safe mode
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

How to boot on safe mode on Lolipop
1. press and hold the power key
2. once you get the pop up menu 
3. press and hold "power off" 
4. Boot on safe mode should become available
Rookie
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

I save them on the internal memory.
Helpful comments. Thank you. I will try if changing the storage device will solve the problem,
Rookie
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Sorry for my delayed answer. I had had some terrible days...
None of the above mentioned procedures changed the situation. In fact, I have one more problem since I rebooted the device in safe mode. When I started the phone in normal mode again, it hung up und rebooted. After a couple of minutes I got a message 'Android beeing started - Apps beeing optimized' (or something like that). This took about 20 minutes. Some of my app settings are lost.
I think this is quite poor for a 450 euro device. I am slightly pissed...
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

What you describe its a third party app causing this problems, repair the phone with Sony PC Companion

http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

It's not a third-party app, it's the steady shot. I was having the same issue and after a lot of looking around and uninstaling apps I just disabled it and it fixed the sound .