account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Unlocked from new Xperia Z3 - does it lock to 1st sim/network used?

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Unlocked from new Xperia Z3 - does it lock to 1st sim/network used?

Hi.  Sorry if this has been asked / answered in the past but will my unlocked from new Xperia Z3 now be locked to the 1st sim/network I used with the phone, Tesco Mobile / O2 in my case, or will any new sim from a different network work ok?  Thanks in advance for any answers / replies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unlocked from new Xperia Z3 - does it lock to 1st sim/network used?

@diggergraves

If the phone it's SIM free it won't lock, if the phone is network locked/SIM locked, then you will have to unlock it and then you can switch as many SIM cards from different networks as you want. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

@diggergraves

If the phone it's SIM free it won't lock, if the phone is network locked/SIM locked, then you will have to unlock it and then you can switch as many SIM cards from different networks as you want. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

@uliwooly wrote:

@diggergraves

Thanks uliwooly.  Yes the phone was bought new from Argos unlocked with no network and I currently have a sim only deal to use with the phone so I guess from your answer because it was unlocked from purchase I can swap and change sims / networks at any time with no need to unlock and the phone doesn't lock to the 1st network used as some other phones do.  

Emperor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@diggergraves

That's correct.