account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Unlock Sony Xperia Z3

Learner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Unlock Sony Xperia Z3

How to perform a hard reset on a Sony Xperia Z3?

8 REPLIES 8
One time poster
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Unlock Sony Xperia Z3

Xperia protection is active and I do not remember the account as I ask it, it asks me to verify

Emperor
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

@Jm911066 @ivan33

You can use your Gmail account and password, on a computer access MyXperia or Android Device Manager. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

the problem is that it has the pattern of unlocking but the one that sold me the phone does not remember the pattern and e used the sony companion but not even with that because I spent a while I missed a mistake.

Emperor
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

@Jm911066 @ivan33

just ask her to unlock it through her Gmail using Android Device Manager. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

the problem is that it is a second-hand phone and the one who sold it does not remember the unlock pattern and I can not access the settings to restore to factory mode and used the sony companion and even so I decided to spend more money at Slightly frowning Face

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Hi @Jm911066, sorry to hear about this.

You can still perform a software repair to remove the pattern screen lock on the device if you start the software repair using Xperia Companion guide without connecting the device to the computer and also, make sure that the device is not powered on and do not power it on until the repair has been completed.

I can see that the post is made in the Xperia Z3+ board on our forum, but you wrote that you have an Xperia Z3, do you know which phone model you have? The Xperia Z3+ has an inbuilt anti theft protection feature and if the previous owner activated this lock on the device, you'll need to get a hold of the previous owners Google account to get past this anti theft protection after the software repair has been completed.

Let us know how it goes!

@ivan33, if you can't remember which Google account you used previously in the device prior to resetting it, you'll need to get in touch with your Local support team and they will assist you further.

Keep me posted!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

buenas noches,me vendieron un xperia z3+ con cuenta google, el problema fue que le borre la cuenta para ponerle la mia se puso en modo protegido,tengo el nombre de la cuenta pero no tengo la clave,la muchacha que me lo vendio no recuerda la contraseña de ese correo,la cuenta google es pero no tengo la clave y esta en modo protegido,que puedo hacer

good night, I sold a xperia z3 + with google account, the problem was that I deleted the account to put mine was put in protected mode, I have the name of the account but I do not have the password, the girl who sold it does not remember the password of that email, the google account is but I do not have the password and it is in protected mode, which I can do

gt

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Hi @mareo, welcome to our forum!

Your question has been translated to English as this is an International forum.

Since both you and the seller know the Google account, you will have to ask the seller to reset the password, so you can use this account to get passed the protection > add your own Google account in the device.

Do note that after changing the password, you'll have to wait 72 hours before you are able to use the new password to unlock the device.

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.