account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Unable to erase contacts on sim card

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Unable to erase contacts on sim card

Its possible to copy contacts to the sim card. But I see no possibility to show or select contacts on the sim and delete them. There are many Apps on Play Store, all can show the contacts but deleting dont work. I think android or the sony contact-application dont allow the apps to handle the contacts on the sim. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Unable to erase contacts on sim card

if you use the export contacts option. it would ask you if you want to replace all contacts in the sim card

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

if you use the export contacts option. it would ask you if you want to replace all contacts in the sim card

________________________________________________________________________________
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Hi,

Our Xperia phones do not have any preinstalled function/app to manage the contacts on the SIM-card. But as you say, there are several apps via Google Play that can do this. Perhaps you can take a look at the following one to see if it meets your requirements:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noname.simmanager

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

I do not want to export contacts to the sim. I want to delete them from it.

Forum Legend
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-X10-mini-pro/how-to-view-and-delete-SIM-contacts/td-p/58165

Forum Legend
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

@pollolo64 did you checkout the application that I mentioned? From this app, you should be able to long press at a contact and the option "Delete" should appear.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Thank you for the message. Yes I tried it and could delete 13 of about 60 contacts. Trying to delete the others the app says "cannot delete contact".

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Did you try to delete all contacts at the same time or one at a time? The contacts that you have on the SIM-card, is it only contacts that you have saved to the SIM-card? In some cases, there can be contacts stored from the network provider at the SIM-card which cannot be deleted.

You could always try to only export one contact to the SIM-card from your phonebook and if you then open the SIM manager application, do you only see this contact? You can then try to delete it.

Apprentice
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Oh first I didn't believe that this is the solution but it works and seem to be the only way
Apprentice
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

I have it. In Contacts app create a "dummy" contact. Than choose Menu (3 dots), export contacts, sim card. Select the "dummy" contact. Tip "export". Choose "replace all contacts". After this there will be only the new "dummy" contact on the sim. All other contacts are deleted. The dummy can be deleted with simmanager.
Never seen a more hinted Funktion to delete something