account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Touch response is bad after Android N update

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 87
Message 1 of 87

Touch response is bad after Android N update

After updating to android N.. touch sensitive is very bad and it is very tough to pull down notification from upside. Double tap to open screen without power button is not working.

86 REPLIES 86
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 87
Message 2 of 87

Re: Touch response is bad after Android N update

Hi @smkaranth, I'm very sorry to hear this. Slightly frowning Face

Do you experience poor touch performance or any dead spots if you perform the free draw touch test found in the service menu? The service menu can be accessed by dialing *#*#7378423#*#*, then tap Service tests > Touch > Free Drawing test.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 87
Message 3 of 87

everything is working fine. only phone dont wake in double tap after screen lock. i checked in drawing test and touch is fine. i tried to repair in xc but xc recognize my phone but it says could not check update now.
One time poster
Message 4 of 87
Message 4 of 87

My Sony Xperia z3+ dual sim is stopped touch working after update android 7.0 nought

My mobile Sony Xperia z3+ dual sim stopped touch working when I have incoming call and I answered it I found touch not working and must remove Sims cards to restart phone automatically.

I want a solution to resolve this problem.. I can't use my mobile now.

Please feed me back as soon as possible.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 87
Message 5 of 87

I also experienced that touch didn't work after making call for 15 mins. Surprisingly, I even can't hang up the phone and finally have to reboot it. After being updated to android N, I got that twice and I thought that might be something conflicting with some apps so I resetted my phone. But now, it still happens. I think something might be going wrong with the updates.
Regular
Message 6 of 87
Message 6 of 87

Sony Xperia Z3 Plus

After update 7.0 touch not work properly
Learner
Message 7 of 87
Message 7 of 87

Same here. I got the update yesterday night and since then the Touch is not working as before. It misses many times randomly and one time in lock  screen, the whole display touch was not working. I had to force restart the phone. Fix it please.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 8 of 87
Message 8 of 87

Re: Sony Xperia Z3 Plus

@butt31316 wrote:
After update 7.0 touch not work properly

Did you try repair with Xperia Companion? Slightly smiling Face Some days ago my Xperia C5 Ultra Dual screen became very sensitive, i tried to clean screen how is written in Sony Mobile support page, but that did not helped, so i repaired with Xperia Companion and everything working fine now (Lollipop 5.1), maybe try to repair first Slightly smiling Face

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 87
Message 9 of 87

I'm sorry to hear that more of you experience this and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this causes. If you haven't already performed a software repair using Xperia Companion I'd recommend you to do so at this point.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 10 of 87
Message 10 of 87

How could software repair help since updating to android N is somewhat like installing new firmware right? I though not even rooted or modified my phone at all.