account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Touch response is bad after Android N update

Visitor
Message 81 of 87
Message 81 of 87

Re: Phone getting stuck after a phone call android 7!!!

Hi,

I have same issue. When I call any contact, screen gets off immediately or app become unresponsive.

Phone remains on and working but it has some issue with Dialer app. If I go to contact details and try from there, just a white screen appears for a second and revert to previous screen.

I have resetted phone with pc companion as per support tesm suggestion twice, b ut proved fruitless.

I am pretty sure it is the issue of app and Nougat 7 update. It does not ahve anything to do with phone hardware as everything else is perfect and was perfect before this nasty update.

Please fix it and stop conveying such bogus suggestions to cutomers.

Thanks.

-Nandkishor

*personal info removed* 

Commissioner
Message 82 of 87
Message 82 of 87

Use Google dialer or some trustworthy third-party phone app until Sony fixes it or download different version of stock dialer from apkmirror!!  That's al u can do for nw. 

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 83 of 87
Message 83 of 87

Hi,

Can you please elaborate it. I'll try your suggestion.

One more input. I had installed Airtel dialer, but faced same issue.

Thanks a lot!!!

Commissioner
Message 84 of 87
Message 84 of 87

Install Google dialer from apkmirror. If still the problem persists then try in safe mode.

And Airtel app itself crashes on nougat.. It's not fully optimised to Nougat. Soo there's no wonder why it crashes on this device.

Learner
Message 85 of 87
Message 85 of 87

Z3+ screen hangs gitch after android nougat update

To me it is the same thing, after updating to Nougat the tactile is less precise and when one writes often they are pressed wrong keys, also some times that the tactile one is left unanswered after the telephone was blocked, preventing to put the PIN to Unlock (forcing it to restart with physical buttons).
Also the phone heats more than before, the battery lasts less and the notification bar is full of options with no practical utility (you have to give more clicks to perform a task than before was to download bar and turn on / off data or Wifi)

Need a Solution or came back to the previous version

Learner
Message 86 of 87
Message 86 of 87

Re: Z3+ screen hangs gitch after android nougat update

Hi Sony. 

Same story. After Nougat - the touch screen sensitivity has degraded. 

Most times, I cannot unlock the screen on the first, second third swipe.... The dialler swipe does not answer calls first time. The Screen then goes black after call is answered. Reboots help. But are not acceptable. 

The Version of Nougat is 32.3.a.2.33

Troubleshooting : Yawn..... Under the direction of Sony support - I soft reset the phone. Then I did the PC companion repair. Yawn. Guess what? It still is laggy. 8 hours of phone rebuilds later…

Support then said,  that it needs to come in for a repair. I call BS on that - as per previous cases above - this is a SW issue. Please can you investigate and issue a patch, or at least let us users have access to being able to downgrade back to marshmallow. 

I could have bought a competitors phone – but went for the “superior” camera of the Xperia. Please don’t make me regret this further.

Thanks

Tert

Learner
Message 87 of 87
Message 87 of 87

Re: Touch screen issue after Nougat 7.0 update

Dear Sony. 

Stop telling people to do reset, repairs, and actually get your hands on some E6553's and do the upgrade, and replicate the issue. The 32.3.a.2.33 is buggy!!! 

It has broken lots of things - for the Nougat  benfit of multitasking and manual camera controls... and a whole load of "bell and whisltes" that no one wants.... 

Admit to the issue, and fix it... 

Can someone provide a human response, and like "Hi, we realise there is an issue, and we are actually looking into it. We hope to get back to you in the next week or two to verify the issue exists, and even better, we promise to start working on a fix. Thanks. Your kind and caring Sony team. "