account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

T-Mobile Xperia Z3 (D6616) - Future Development and Support - Marshmallow, WiFI LTE handoff, etc

SOLVED
Message 51 of 53
Message 51 of 53

Re: T-Mobile Xperia Z3 (D6616) - Future Development and Support - Marshmallow, WiFI LTE handoff, etc

This is on Sony website:

My Android™ Information

The availability of wireless software updates depends on your country and/or operator.

No new Android™ version is currently planned for Xperia™ Z3 T-Mobile

Android™ 5.0 Lollipop is released for Xperia™ Z3 T-Mobile

That pretty much sums it up ...so now someone needs to be able to jailbreak this 32 GB phone so we can update it past Lollipop

Thanks to both Sony and T-mobile for making this an unpleasant experience.

Message 52 of 53

Re: T-Mobile Xperia Z3 (D6616) - Future Development and Support - Marshmallow, WiFI LTE handoff, etc

I wanna get update for my Mobil z3 D6616 plz

Message 53 of 53
Message 53 of 53

It's not going to happen. Both T-Mobile and Sony abandoned the D6616 the day T-Mobile dropped it from its lineup.  The T-Mobile tech forum was like 20 pages long full of vitriol. 

Remember the Z3 is nearly 6 years old. The locked bootloader on the D6616 prevents jailbreaking the device for new Mods