account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sound bug on Xperia Z3 after Android 6.0.1 marshmallow update

Talent
Message 11 of 43
Message 11 of 43

Re: Sound bug on Xperia Z3 after Android 6.0.1 marshmallow update

Same problem with my Z2, distorted slo-mo sound with locked screen and VST ON, file format HR. Was perfect on 5.1.1
Also, DSEE HX doesn't work and volume too low on 6.0.1
Visitor
Message 12 of 43
Message 12 of 43

The problem start when in put headphones jack
After I take of it sounds never work in speakers like still in headphone
Any solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 13 of 43
Message 13 of 43

Would it be possible for one of you to create a bug report and send it to me in a PM?

To do this create a bug report:

1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number, tap 7 times on the build number.
  2. Go back and select Developer options then turn on "USB debugging".
  3. Select Logger buffer size and change it to "4 M"
  4. Restart your phone, then reproduce the distorted sound
  5. After reproducing it go back to Settings > Developer options, select "Take bug report".

When the report is ready you will receive a notification. Tap the notification to share it. I suggest you upload it to Google Drive and then send choose to share a public link to the upload and include the link in the PM together with the following information:

Name:
Phone nr.:
E-mail:
Product(s):
IMEI:
Build number:

Thanks!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 14 of 43
Message 14 of 43

One time poster
Message 15 of 43
Message 15 of 43

Hi is this problem solved? Did Sony do something? I'm using Z3 Compact and it failed the loudspeaker & ear speaker test on diagnostic run. Also failed the light sensor test. My friend using Z5 Compact also have the exact same problem. Diagnostic run was fine when I was still on Lollipop.
Commissioner
Message 16 of 43
Message 16 of 43

Yes the loudspeaker and ear speaker test failed on my xperia Z3 .But it is functioning properly

Tomacq
Sony Xperia Support
Message 17 of 43
Message 17 of 43

@thomasacquins Thank you for the bug report. I have forwarded this internally now. As soon as I know more I'll let you know in this topic.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 18 of 43
Message 18 of 43

I have the same problem with sound speaker test and startup sound wen restarting the phone also fails, WhatsApp sound also fails, when speaking via WhatsApp and do multitasking also have sound issues.
Learner
Message 19 of 43
Message 19 of 43

Earphone sound in Marshmallow 6.0.1 is very low compared to kitkat 4.4, also quality is ruined. sound is not distorted , like some of the users here complaining, but its too low in earphones. help! I am using Xperia Z3 (D6653).

Highlighted
Message 20 of 43
Message 20 of 43

hello guys , I found the solution , the problem is the canvas covering speeker I broke it and now very loud , it wo...
Mai mult

hello guys , I found the solution , the problem is the canvas covering speeker I broke it and now very loud , it would be a good solution to clean the well or to dissolve dirt