account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Z3 back and home button has not been working

Adviser
Message 21 of 29
Message 21 of 29

Re: Xperia Z3 dual Back Home and Recent app not working after latest update.

yes, I went to the genuine sony service centre mentioned on Sony's website. They said they know that it will void sony's official status after root but there is no other solution. The man told me he tried everything he can, he also performed software repair in their system. He told me to Root phone from outside and install some apps which can move these soft keys little above from bottom of screen to solve the problem. He said he can't check hardware part ( if it is problematic) because this is waterproof phone so he cam't open it and only phone's replacement can be done, but I am out of warranty.

and yes sir I have already tried software repair 3 times in 3 different pcs by installing xperia companion  +  sony staff has also done it in their pc. PLS GIVE SUITABLE SOLUTION.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 22 of 29
Message 22 of 29

Hello Xperia Users,

Do you have any solution about this irritating touch key problem? Pls answer.

How to fix this not responding touch keys (back, home & recent)?

Sony has nothing to say about this.

I am also facing heating issues all the time with this problem.

Message 23 of 29
Message 23 of 29

Hey Kathan,

I'm having the same problem. I've been in contact also with the local support of the sony here in Brazil. They don't want to assume that the default setting is on the device and not by misuse. I've tried everything, reinstalled, did what they advise to use sony's application on the pc, but nothing helped. Similarly, the buttons work when they're on screen protected. 

worse is that sony does nothing, just send contact support site.

What to do?

Adviser
Message 24 of 29
Message 24 of 29

Ya, Sony has no solution about this. And the worse thing is my notification bar is also not working now with those touch keys. what is worst than this in flagships phones? I think this is not a hardware problem or touchscreen problem. Because Everything is working fine in lock screen I can slide Notification bar on lock screen but not after unlocking my phone. The area of touch keys is working good on lockscreen (where voice assitant, lock and camera icon is shown). I have tried every different possible solutions but still having the same problem. I have also done factory reset and Software repairs for minimum 15 times through Xperia companion from different pcs. but  nothing worked. I think I will never go for Sony again. If you find any solution pls inform me. 

Learner
Message 25 of 29
Message 25 of 29

Aye, same problem with my Z3.

And yes, the 3 buttons in the lockscreen are working fine!

Learner
Message 26 of 29
Message 26 of 29

i have same situation with my xperia z3 dual im doing a repair tool right now with xperia compainen lets see if it resolves the issue can you please tell me are you able to fix the issue ??

One time poster
Message 27 of 29
Message 27 of 29

Screen

The icons at the end of the screen ie. Home ,back,recent tasks aren't working
Emperor
Message 28 of 29
Message 28 of 29

Re: Screen

@Vinaykumar14

This has been asked before, test your phone

settings > about phone > diagnostics > test > test touchscreen. 

@Vinaykumar14 wrote:
The icons at the end of the screen ie. Home ,back,recent tasks aren't working

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 29 of 29
Message 29 of 29

Re: Screen

Problem still persists because proposed solutions do not work. Unless you replace the screen (which has no guarantee that will not stop working as well).