account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Sony Xperia Z3 very poor bluetooth range

SOLVED
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Sony Xperia Z3 very poor bluetooth range

Hi, I own a Sony SRS X5 personal speaker which connects trough bluetooth to my Xperia Z3. The problem is that it disconnects when I have the phone 3 feet away, or sometimes less..

Is there a problem with bluetooth range on the Xperia Z3?? I had an Xperia ZL which had great range and worked well with said speakers.

Anyone else have this problem???

Ricardo
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Re: Sony Xperia Z3 very poor bluetooth range

Apparently it's the Sony speakers 🔊 I've tried with a zooka Bluetooth speaker and it worked fine from 10 feet away but not the Sony.
Ricardo
3 REPLIES 3
Master
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Do you experience bad bluetooth range with other accessories as well? It would be great if you could try some headset or something to see it the problem is related to the phone, the speaker or a combination of the two.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Have you tried relocating the speaker? Maybe something close by is interfering with it?
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Apparently it's the Sony speakers 🔊 I've tried with a zooka Bluetooth speaker and it worked fine from 10 feet away but not the Sony.
Ricardo