account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Screen Not Working - Not Waterproof

One time poster
Message 51 of 98
Message 51 of 98

Re: Screen Not Working - Not Waterproof

Hi,

Just to concur with everything said across this thread, I've also attempted to take a picture with my recently acquired Z3 in 30cm underwater and my phone shortly afterwards broke down - water has seeped in.

I've tried leaving the phone in a bag of rice for 2 nights to try and absorb the moisture, which hasn't worked and I've now had to send it across to Sony for repair. I just hope Sony realise that this is a widespread issue and fix the problem quickly before other customers suffer, being without a smartphone for Christmas is not fun. Very dissapointed with Sony.

Thanks,

Brian

Apprentice
Message 52 of 98
Message 52 of 98

Hi again,

back with some news, and bad ones... So as I thought they're going to refuse to take it in charge because "not in warranty for software changes"!

I sent them a mail today saying that I will pursue them for their methods, which consists in selling default phones and lying about their performances and told them about that european directive in which they can't put it out of warranty if they can't prove that it caused the problem at hand.

I don't know if it'll change anything but I'm so not buying Sony products anymore and I'm being good on my word with putting comments here and there about their selling methods.

I won't go down without a fight!

I'll let you know if they reply to my mail.

gyt
One time poster
Message 53 of 98
Message 53 of 98

Exactly the same issue here
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 54 of 98
Message 54 of 98

My z1 is already 1 yr old and no issue so far with waterproofing. But this issue with the z3 has been an issue since the original Z. I guess this is a batch issue and when you look at the protective flaps of the z3 vs z2 and z1. It's really easy to peel off and I have doubts about the waterproofing. I hope sony sorts this out since I want to get this phone but after reading this it scared me. Ill just stick with my z1 and get the z4
One time poster
Message 55 of 98
Message 55 of 98

Same issue from Turkey I bought 2 days ago. I don't like Sony products and I'll never buy again forever Samsung
Visitor
Message 56 of 98
Message 56 of 98

I'm about to receive my THIRD xperia z3.

Water damage both times, first time it was repaired/replaced under warranty this took 6.5 weeks to get my phone back!! I've had the phone for 2 days and now the same issue has occurred. This time I have made an insurance claim, it will cost me $50 but I'll get a new phone within 2 buisness days.

I'm very dissapointed with this, not just the fault but the service I have received. Every sony product I've ever owned (a lot) have never had any issues. I don't think I will be purchasing sony products ever again.
One time poster
Message 57 of 98
Message 57 of 98

Exactly the same issue, I've only had the phone for 6 days... Contacted my provider and because it's so new they'll replace it. I'm worried it might happen again, and then i'll be screwed. Only dunked my phone in the water, and only had it anywhere near water as it's meant to be 'waterproof'.

Message 58 of 98
Message 58 of 98

I had a Samsung for many years and this phone seemed amazing at first especially the under water features! But as few weeks ago I got a little water on my screen and it got into the speakers and still to this day my speakers don't work properly. Why say you can have it under water when I can't even get a few sprinkles on it without something going wrong. $650 was a big waste imo.
One time poster
Message 59 of 98
Message 59 of 98

I have the same problem. Ths is my second xperia mobile. First i had the xperia z and was so happy with? after i bought xperia z3. i used this mobile just 2 weeks and put it ones under the fountain to wash my phone. I just put it 2 seconds and after, my touchscreen was not working. I sent it to sony now. I hope they wiLL fix my phone. Otherwise i will not buy xperia phone Anymore. 

Anyone xperiences with sony waranty ?

One time poster
Message 60 of 98
Message 60 of 98

Same thing happened to my phone today. Just dipped it in the pool for less than 2 seconds, and then the screen blacked out. I know the phone itself is working as it gets messages. Is there anything that can be done? Will letting it dry for a few days restore it?

So disappointing.