account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Screen Not Working - Not Waterproof

Visitor
Message 91 of 98
Message 91 of 98

Re: Screen Not Working - Not Waterproof

Oh yeah, just a heads up, the phone leaked around the camera lens not from any of the ports
One time poster
Message 92 of 98
Message 92 of 98

Hi im a nurse, 2 day ago my sony z3 compact contacted blood and i washed that now i see some spot like water on right corner of my phone! Wat can i do?
Vae
One time poster
Message 93 of 98
Message 93 of 98

Re: touch Screen Not Working - Not Waterproof

my xperia z3 suddenly droped. now half of touch pad do not respond. If i add a new touch pad it will damged my LCD or what should i do now please help me. Slightly frowning Face Worried Face 

Visitor
Message 94 of 98
Message 94 of 98

Hi,

I bought this phone new out of the store....

And four days later i was showering and my phone was sitting on a closet...

After showering i noticed my phone got a little wet..At the time i had my hands full so i couldn't wipe the moisture off

After i was done and dressed up..

I picked up my phone and tried to power it on...no reaction!

I wiped the remaining moisture off and placed it in a bowl with rice ( this helps)

The next morning it still didn't function.....

This phone is not waterproof!!

Visitor
Message 95 of 98
Message 95 of 98

May i ask you...

How did you open the phone?

One time poster
Message 96 of 98
Message 96 of 98

There's one solution, i used to have the same problem but i fix it. You have to put your xperia z3 in rice at least for 12 hours, rice can take out the remaining water in it. It worked for me. To actually make this way works don't pull your phone every 5 minutes

Visitor
Message 97 of 98
Message 97 of 98

Good luck everyone! Sonys product is not only NOT waterproof but now they changed their stance and are saying, after marketing and advertising people shooting underwater, that it is in fact not waterproof. So much the worse for us suckers who purchased this product for that very reason. Mine got water damage after 2 months last year and i spent 6 months, yes I'm that irate, calling every day, sent in for repair at my own expense and was told what all of you who sent it back were probably told....your fault because it was tested and worked fine so you must have left a port open. So i called and called and wanted to speak to anyone other than the repair folks...good luck finding any other number then the support line. I finally got a number for corporate in NY and got their legal dept only to be connected back to the same people in the the support dept. They finally gave me a suppposed address for their attorney in San Diego along with a phone number so i could send lawsuit paperwork and surprise surprise it another non working number.

They are shysters of the worst degree and could care less that they are selling a garbage product, because once the sale is made they have no responsability to you the customer.....they make it easy that way by providing you with no contact number other than the support line where they read from a scripted document no matter what you ask them. 

I'll never purchase another Sony product again and will take every chance to tell everyone what a garbage product this garbage company sells

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 98 of 98
Message 98 of 98

I have the same problem with the same phone, it got few drops of rain like any unwaterproof could get and keep working well, but this waterproof sony is more sencitive to the water than others.
By the way it's very new and it's not concidered cheap.