account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Screen Jumping/flickering

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Screen Jumping/flickering

Hi,

I've had my Xperia Z3 for a few months and everything has been good. Over the past couple of weeks however, my screen has been jumping. It sometimes looked like it was scrolling by itself or getting stuck and stuttering like someone is scrolling up Abe down really fast. This was only happening in the Facebook app but now it's happening on YouTube, Photos and even my own home screen. (flickers from bottom upwards).

Problem persisted after latest software update and is also happening during Safe Mode. But whenever I record the screen or take a screenshot, the jumping or flickering does not show up. Phone hasn't been anywhere near water and hasn't been dropped.

I did have a screen protector which I thought might be causing these issues but the jumping and flickering continued after I removed it.

Also, my phone screen goes black when I make a call and I'm unable to make it light up until the person on the other end hangs up. This renders me unable to use the dial pad or just access my phone whilst on a phone call. I figured out that pressing my thumb on the proximity sensor lights up the screen again, and that perhaps my screen protector was messing with it, but the problem persists even when I removed my screen protector.

I would really appreciate any advice on these issues. Thanks for reading!
16 REPLIES 16
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: Screen Jumping/flickering

repair the phone with Sony PC Companion, if that doesn't solve the problem contact your local Sony xperia support.

Sony PC Companion
http://support.sonymobile.com/us/tools/pc-companion/

Sony Xperia support
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/
Visitor
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

Did you repaired your phone ? Update please ?
Apprentice
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

I repaired it with Sony pc companion but the problem isn't going away, in fact the flickering has gotten worse. Gonna hand in my phone, still have the warranty so hopefully that should fix it.
Commissioner
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

I think it's a stagefright

Tomacq
Apprentice
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

What should I dooooo
Commissioner
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

Use a good antivirus software

Tomacq
Commissioner
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

Every android phone is under stagefright threat. When a device is affected by stagefright it became unstable. The phone restarts itself. Softwares will force close .My old Xperia phones Xperia L and Xperia M.

Both phone was vulnerable to stagefright and became unstable. 

Tomacq
Apprentice
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

That's awful. I was gonna give my phone in today... I have an anti-virus already but clearly it's not done much if the phone is really affected by stagefright :|
Commissioner
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

Good decision give it to Sonymobile service. They will fix it. 

Tomacq