account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

SONY SERVICE CHEATER !!!

One time poster
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

SONY SERVICE CHEATER !!!

Note the Sony the service is a cheater !!!!!!!!!
I sent the phone (Z3) to repair warranty up to December 2016, a fault light on the display bar discolored.
Service without explanation wrote that he could not fix it and offered to repair in an amount less than 200Euro.
I contacted the customer service asking for an explanation of the refusal repair. I not got this information. Service diagnosed device in 36 hours of my shipment. I wonder how she looked diagnosis? (The display is certainly mechanical and do not check?), I worked in the services and know the approach servicemen, so my suspicions are not unfounded! For this very willingly they offered me a phone recycling.
I think that this is a blatant abuse and fraud, since there is no explanation or analysis !!!!
I had to buy another phone the company but since they do not have the guarantee does not make sense !!!!!
PURCHASE advised against Sony !!!!!
It is a pity that the Polish branch of a Japanese company so spoil !!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: SONY SERVICE CHEATER !!!

Poland, which city's service centre?
Commissioner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Wrocław in Poland, repair center is called "w-support"

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Poland Slightly smiling Face ofcorse.
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Commissioner
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Yep, it has very bad reputation in Poland.

Emperor
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

@SergioPL

Any input on this?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Demigod
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

W-support mentioned above is the only official SC. But have you pushed our local Xperia Care?
General service rules are quite clear. User sends a phone. Service does inspection (whatever that mean). User gets no feedback until device is either repaired or refused to repair. If user won't accept cost of paid repair he has to pay inspection fee and he may get his device back (except that device may be totally broken after inspection).
Now user have right to escalate his case to Sony Poland which will ask W-support for reinspection.

So general problems are:
1) you don't know if device will be repaired
2) if it somehow works and you refuse repair you may get bricked device back and have to pay for it
3) you may escalate problem without any guarantee that it will be inspected by someone else

Anyway I would ping Sony Poland for some written statement on this particular case before paying additional cost. Send them pictures of that display, ask W-support for written explanation why your case was rejected with pictures that stand for that statement.
Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)