account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

SD Cards Keep Crashing / Media Unreadable After transfer

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

SD Cards Keep Crashing / Media Unreadable After transfer

Hi all,

I am new to android and Sony.

I recently purchased a Z3, mainly due to the fact I could but extra memory.

I bought a 128gb Micro SD card and had issues right away with the message "cannot play song" "cannot play video" on most of the things I'd transferred. I also noticed the phone got extremely hot when reording video.

Anyway, I put this down to the SD card being a crap Chinese job so I purchased a 64GB SanDisc card.

I am still having issues. - I have tried transferring my media directly to the SD card via my PC, it will allow about 5GB of data to transfer then the phone will skip the first song on every album and cut out half way through others. I then tried using the file explorer. same problem.

I then decided to try sending the media to the handset's memory then transferring it to the SD. When sending multiple albums the card corrupted. Tried sending albums one at a time, got about 30 done then the transferring status bar froze on the next album. then it disappeared. then the phone was not detecting the SD card at all. 

I took the SD card out and put it in my PC - told me it was damaged and needed formatting.

I have been trying to sort this out for around a onth and am rapidly losing patience with it. as I said the main reason I bought this phone was so i could put more of my music collection on it. 

Am I doing something wrong or am I better off selling it and buying something that actually does what it advertises that it can do?

9 REPLIES 9
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: SD Cards Keep Crashing / Media Unreadable After transfer

Is it recording on 4K?
Visitor
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

it did when it got hot, then i changed it. the micro SD card is class 10 though 

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Reformat the SD card. And check if that helps.
Visitor
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

tried that, tried it in exfat, and other formats too./ no difference 

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Perhaps you can try a different sd card to see if you still get the same problem.
Genius
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Hi, if you can is it possible for you to unmount the SD card & just put the SD card (no phone) directly into your PC & put your music directly onto the card......this is my preffered way of doing it & i have always found this the easiest way :smileysmileywink:

Visitor
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

i have tried different cars, no joy. also tried formatting in all availbale formats such as fat 32 etc

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

It could be a hardware problem. You can contact Sony Xperia support and see what they say.
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/
One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

hey everyone

when making videos and films in SVP do not add 4K videos from a SD card in to the editor 

i had my own experences from doing this, I bought a new SD card and every thing before realising it was the 4K was the problem

if possible change it to 1080p 60fps so you can run it smooth without crashes

hopefull this will help alot 

Minifootie135.