account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Ringtone volume lower than music volume

SOLVED
Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 71
Message 11 of 71

Re: Ringtone volume lower than music volume

@Anshul5428

That sounds strange. Do you know if you had any 3:rd party app or similar to increase the ringtone before? The volume from the top speaker has always been lower when the phone rings For media (and also when you select ringtone), the volume from the top speaker will be higher. This is not new for the Android 6 update.

Also check if there may be any dirt on the bottom speaker and try cleaning it carefully. As you mention lower volume also when using speakerphone, it sounds like it's the bottom speaker that giving a lower volume.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 12 of 71
Message 12 of 71

No 3Rd party app was used also dirt on the bottom speaker also has been cleaned the speaker is working properly but when there is incoming calls only it becomes very very low
Learner
Message 13 of 71
Message 13 of 71

Please any one got solution for this issue why sony support doesn't care !!!!!

Commissioner
Message 14 of 71
Message 14 of 71

It may sound soft to us, but it probably is still within the accepted db parameters of sony engineers.
After all, in a dead quiet room, late at night,I can clearly hear my ringtone.
Visitor
Message 15 of 71
Message 15 of 71

I am also having same problem after updated to 6.0 caller ringing is very low very much disappointed after updated my phone 😞 plz do sumthing on next update,pls fix this

Rookie
Message 16 of 71
Message 16 of 71

Dear,

I have the same situation after marshamellow upgrade the speaker sound become too low as i can't hear and the ringtone also lower than the normal before and the mobile delay during making call and choose the sim which i want. I tried to make software repair but no result the situation same same as before So i need your help

Visitor
Message 17 of 71
Message 17 of 71

Same here. Ringtone last week was fine. Now I can barely hear. Notifications volume is fine, movies and audio as well. I've been missing important calls the whole week. 

Commissioner
Message 18 of 71
Message 18 of 71

I've found a workaround for this problem.as I found missing important calls very expensive and frustrating.
My wife just got a Huawei Mate 8 with a free Huawei smartwstch.
Her ringtone on thst fone can be heard next door.
I'm now using the watch with android wear on my Z3,
the watch vibrates and rings when calls are received
the watches ringtone is about the same as my Z3,but because it's on my wrist, I can hear it clearly and never miss a call.
So,since Sony hasn't done anything about this ringtone problem, I suggest to either live with this issue, invest in a smartwstch or buy another brand phone..
This will have to do for me for the next 12 mths, when I'll be eligible for an upgrade...
can anyone guess if it will be another sony fone or not?
One time poster
Message 19 of 71
Message 19 of 71

New update, low sound

Hello
I own a xperia z3 phone and recently I updated it to marshmallow
And once I updated it, the sounds in my phone have gone really low!
I can't hear music, or the person I'm calling, and even the sounds of incoming calls and notifications!
Does anyone have a solution for this kind of problem? Please do help me.
And thank you
One time poster
Message 20 of 71
Message 20 of 71

Re: New update, low sound

Z3 Compact the same problem , developers generally think about something?