account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Ringtone volume lower than music volume

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 71
Message 1 of 71

Ringtone volume lower than music volume

There is problem after the 6.0 update while playing music the speaker sound is louder and while incoming calls if the volume is full then also it's sounding very low it's was not in lollipop.this is the bug I have checked 10'times updated my phone reseted then also it's not sounding higher alarm sound is higher than the incoming call.caller ringing volume is so low that u can hear if it's ringing beside you.please fix this.

Topic edited by Rickard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 71
Message 6 of 71

Re: Ringtone volume lower than music volume

@Anshul5428

It's normal that the ring volume is lower than the music volume. This is because the earspeaker (top speaker) will use a lower volume for ringtones. As i understand it, this is for safety reasons in case the phone should ring while you hold it to your ear.

It was this way in the previous software versions as well.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 71
Message 2 of 71

Re: Bug in software in Sony Xperia z3 marshmallow update

@Anshul5428

Just to clarify, are you saying that the ringtone volume its too low if you receive a phonecall while playing music 

or 

that the ringtone volume its too low disregarding of playing music. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 71
Message 3 of 71

no problem is when play music speakers sound perfect and loud.

but when an incoming call come ringtone sound is very low while the volume of ringtone is set full.

while playing an alarm sound is perfect its only when call come.

for you try play music with volume full and hear sound. after that set ringtone volume full and call on ur number compare sound its will be low.

Emperor
Message 4 of 71
Message 4 of 71

@Anshul5428

That's how it's intended to work 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 5 of 71
Message 5 of 71

Xperia Z3 D6633 sound Problem after android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update

I have recently update my Xperia Z3 D6633 to Android 6 and found my device ringtone and notification is very very low can parely be heard music sounds is good testing speaker through test is good checking the ringtone through sounds is good but when there is an incoming call the sound is very very low also speaker volume during calls is very low!!!!!!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 71
Message 6 of 71

@Anshul5428

It's normal that the ring volume is lower than the music volume. This is because the earspeaker (top speaker) will use a lower volume for ringtones. As i understand it, this is for safety reasons in case the phone should ring while you hold it to your ear.

It was this way in the previous software versions as well.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

Learner
Message 7 of 71
Message 7 of 71

Yes but when the ring tone has become very low that you can barely hear and the ringtone at maximum this odd and it wasn't like that before marshmallow update even the speaker during the call became very low as well like it's not there
Learner
Message 8 of 71
Message 8 of 71

Its does not work like that before the update the sound was perfect its only after the update when this sound problem arise not only in ringtone in loud speaker also when we are on call then turn on the loudspeaker that also sounds very very low compared to lollipop update.this bugs are in marshmallow only
Learner
Message 9 of 71
Message 9 of 71

the ringtone volume its too low disregarding of playing music its was much higee in lollipop and kitkat
Commissioner
Message 10 of 71
Message 10 of 71

How much worse can it be?
Im still on kitkat and the ringtone is still too soft