account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Pink spot with xperia z3 camera

Regular
Message 81 of 217
Message 81 of 217

Re: Pink spot with xperia z3 camera

I'm having the same problem(pink hue or spot) while taking pictures with ma phone camera on my xperia z3 D6653 android version 4.4.4
Visitor
Message 82 of 217
Message 82 of 217

What an aweful taste this leaves in my mouth about Sony products.

My first Xperia smartphone and definitely my last. I do not feel comfortable reccommending Sony products to friends or family. A device thats 600+ dollars and has a camera on par with my old flip phone! Not to mention the huge variances in build quality from device to device?

And Sony's garbage management has the nerve to tell us this is normal behavior? Maybe it's normal for sub-par companies like Sony but at least respected companies like HTC own up to it when it happens to their devices.

I suggest anyone to return your device for Sony to actually take notice of this issue.

Regular
Message 83 of 217
Message 83 of 217

I just want to know if it's a hardware issue or a software issue. If it's a software issue, there is solutions I think because even on samsung s2 for exemple, there have been an update to fix this.

And I experienced this issue not only on white background, but on a lot of picture that I take in cloudy day light.

And I experienced this issue also in video in 4k, in my garage for exemple when I record stuff, and a lens deformation (because of the wide angle lens ? I don't have this lens deformation on 1080p).

Never experienced this issues with my LG G2 before, or my other phones...

I want to add that's the camera itself is not too bad, but the auto mode really bring it down. And the pink spot, and the HDR.

I've already called xperia care, and I'm not the only one, about the pink spot issue. But now I expect an answer to know if I have to replace my Z3 compact or if I should wait for an update, maybe lollipop update... etc.

So can you report all of these to Sony to fix these with an update please ?

One time poster
Message 84 of 217
Message 84 of 217

is on the D6603 as well, or only the newer versions?

Regular
Message 85 of 217
Message 85 of 217

@Rickard wrote:

This doesn't happen only on Z3, the information i posted is valid for most of our products. But it doesn't happen under all conditions and it's more noticeable with a thinner camera lens.

This issue was forwarded internally for further investigatation and the information i posted is the official response. I'm afraid i don't have any more technical details but there are some articles on the internet about lens colour shading that explains why and when it happens a bit more detailed.

Sony, please do something instead of telling users the pink spot is normal,

this is ridiculous.

Talent
Message 86 of 217
Message 86 of 217

Exactly!!!
Learner
Message 87 of 217
Message 87 of 217

I did not expect this sort of thing on a flagship product from a flagship company. If this situation is not resolved quickly either by software update or at least an admission that the camera itself is flawed then awareness will grow and credibility will falter.

This was my first time away from apple since the first generation mainly due to camera specification amongst other things, now apart from the camera results I have been very very impressed but this camera problem is just too much for me to put up with.

Please sort this out sony one way or the other.
Learner
Message 88 of 217
Message 88 of 217

DSC_0486.JPGDSC_0488.JPGDSC_0541.JPG

This can not be acceptable..

One time poster
Message 89 of 217
Message 89 of 217

Same problem here. 14W43.
DHP
Learner
Message 90 of 217
Message 90 of 217

Nicaero, the many other posters on this thread and on many other forums are right. This is totally unacceptable.

How can Sony say that this is normal behaviour? Look at the pictures that nicaero just posted. The final images are not normal and having simple photos and memories ruined by this fault is frustrating a lot of people, myself included.

It's embarrassing for Sony that their users are not willing to recommend the Z3. It looks fantastic and it works so well in other areas but performs so disappointingly when it comes to the camera. I've taken pictures of friends and family that when I've showed them the picture I've had to explain away the pink spot as a defect. When they ask if there is a fix for it all I can do is turn around and say "No. Sony are reluctant to fix it or they don’t' acknowledge it as a problem...they say it's normal". Their response is similar to mine, a mix of confusion and disappointment. Even my girlfriend's iPhone 4s takes more consistent pictures.

If you can't get this sorted by 5.0 Lollipop then I'm returning it and getting something else.