account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Pink spot with xperia z3 camera

Regular
Message 61 of 217
Message 61 of 217

Re: Pink spot with xperia z3 camera

Same problem here !

Is it a joke ? The remote play feature not working because of conflict with bluetooth controller, now this pink problem on photos ? The two key features for me (photo and remote play) are not working ! ARE YOU KIDDING SONY ? More than 600 € for this ??? Please do your job and take care of us, WE NEED AN UPDATE (and more than one now...).

Visitor
Message 62 of 217
Message 62 of 217

I'm experiencing this issue too, hoping for a solution so I don't have to return my device.

Is there anything that differs from the Z2 sensor that would be causing this?

Logic tells me this would be a software issue since the same sensor is used in Z2, Z1, etc

Adviser
Message 63 of 217
Message 63 of 217

Another pink-spot Z3c here... seems to definitely be a white balance issue because I can manually change the white balance and watch the spot appear or disappear.

Sony's response in this thread is rubbish, of course. The point of a phone camera is to take quick pictures and the idea of dithering about adjusting the white balance for every indoor photo is ludicrous. Forget Intelligent Auto... they should call the camera's auto mode "Unintelligent Auto". Like many others here, the supposedly good camera is a big reason I chose a Sony phone over a Moto or Nexus. 

What are the chances of actually getting a patch to fix this before the Lollipop update next year? I suspect slim to none. Until the company actually steps forward and says "yes, this is a problem with our camera and we'll fix it" then I'm not even confident the Lollipop update will address it. 

Has anyone tried third-party camera apps to see if they give better white balance control?

Talent
Message 64 of 217
Message 64 of 217

Same pink spot issue here. Sony synonymous with great cameras. The boasts of the great camera on the Z3 were the biggest influence on me buying this device. It is clearly a massive issue and one would hope that Sony are taking this extremely seriously. The bad publicity that may result if they don't fix it promptly could be devastating for sales of the flagship Z3.
DHP
Learner
Message 65 of 217
Message 65 of 217

@Wordfool

I've tried Google Camera and VSCO Cam and the problem is still there for me.

Visitor
Message 66 of 217
Message 66 of 217

Sony, care to fill us in on this? DO we need to return our devices or will this be fixed in a software update?

Rookie
Message 67 of 217
Message 67 of 217

I have a feeling this issue looks like SW problem. Probably WB problem. Just from my very short experience it's mostly visible when AUTO WB is set, a lot of white/grey in background and artificial lighting condition. When I move the phone WB changes and center of the frame becomes more or less pink.

Visitor
Message 68 of 217
Message 68 of 217

Sony, care to fill us in on this? DO we need to return our devices or will this be fixed in a software update?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 69 of 217
Message 69 of 217

This is a normal behaviour characteristic if there is lens colour shading in the camera lens.

Factors that affects this are colour temperature and lighting conditions and generally, it will be more noticable with a thinner camera lens.

When a picture is taken in these special conditions and the object is white with smooth surface, it may be observed that the edges of the picture appears darker and the centre is bright.

In these conditions ISO, light measuring and white balance adjustment may be affected resulting in the pink/greenish tint that occurs. This is normal.

Please try to adjust the lighting condition or try different camera mode such as Document mode or the workarounds detailed earlier to get the best picture possible for the subject and lighting condition.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 70 of 217
Message 70 of 217

@Rickard wrote:

This is a normal behaviour characteristic if there is lens colour shading in the camera lens.

Factors that affects this are colour temperature and lighting conditions and generally, it will be more noticable with a thinner camera lens.

When a picture is taken in these special conditions and the object is white with smooth surface, it may be observed that the edges of the picture appears darker and the centre is bright.

In these conditions ISO, light measuring and white balance adjustment may be affected resulting in the pink/greenish tint that occurs. This is normal.

Please try to adjust the lighting condition or try different camera mode such as Document mode or the workarounds detailed earlier to get the best picture possible for the subject and lighting condition.

Is anybody returning their Z3? I did.