account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Pink spot with xperia z3 camera

Visitor
Message 191 of 217
Message 191 of 217

Re: Pink spot with xperia z3 camera

Same and had already 3 z3 in my hand!!!!
Please correct
One time poster
Message 192 of 217
Message 192 of 217

Hello, guys.
Check out photos from my brand new Z3 with lollipop on board (also you can find screenshots from camera app with the current issue ).
dropbox.com/sh/pg8eldh7t1b0k3x/AAC9VqGiOiWaPc6e5qixdsesa?dl=0 
Actually It's the second Z3 I received from the seller...
Is it hardware or software? Anyway, dissapointed to death

Visitor
Message 193 of 217
Message 193 of 217

Any way to fix?
Visitor
Message 194 of 217
Message 194 of 217

Same Problem here...

i've bought my Z3 for a month, but never checked yet...

Yesterday, when i took a pic indoor in low light condition, i saw soft pink spot in my pic

My phone is still in Kit kat, and i'll try to upgrade it to Lollipop...

i hope the upgrade will make this problem away...

And for Sony, Please solve this problem if this problem still happen after Lollipop....

One time poster
Message 195 of 217
Message 195 of 217

Same here, when i took a pic in white pict, i saw pink spot in my z3.
PLEASE clarify is it hardware or software issue ?!
Enthusiast
Message 196 of 217
Message 196 of 217

Now same problem in my new z2!what are you doing Sony?can you fix these issues or you want to continue saying it's normal?
Visitor
Message 197 of 217
Message 197 of 217

Me as well 😣
One time poster
Message 198 of 217
Message 198 of 217

Is this issue present on all xperia Z3 devices? It can be solved with the service center or a replacement?
Apprentice
Message 199 of 217
Message 199 of 217

Yes it's for all Z3 (compact has it differently) and it won't be fixed. Read the whole thread, their answer is on page 6. 

Rookie
Message 200 of 217
Message 200 of 217

Mine, too, have the pink blotch issue. I have bought two Z3 compact - one for my girl - and I am seriously annoyed to have this pink blotch in virtually EVERY photo. Other than SONY says, it is, to some extent, in all the pictures. There is slight variation depending on the ISO, on the aperture used and on the structure of the subject. It will be noticed more in subjects that consist of large areas of similar colour. It also varies with shutter speed and focus distance. Most important factor supposedly is the internal processing of the data - stronger compression and colour levelling will make it more obvious, main factor in the processing probably is the steepness of the gamma curve that is applied to the picture. If the contrast and colour/saturation is enhanced for more crisp photographs, the pink blotch becomes more obvious. It's a matter of price, in a way: the lens I read is made of plastic, probably the anti-reflex coating will not be the best either, and all these factors add up. Plus, there is a couple of principal optical influences, like e.g. focal length and size of sensor. But, even knowing all this, I still do not enjoy the pink blotch. And it seems there is some Z3s out there which do not have this issue. Hence it is possible! I will return my Z3s, in any case. What is the use of having 20 mio px if the result is rubbish for other reasons? And the reaction by Sony is a scandal - and a lie. Changing the overall colouring/shading in the whole pic is not doing anything about the problem. Do the believe at Sony that their customers are stupid?