account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Pink spot with xperia z3 camera

Visitor
Message 131 of 217
Message 131 of 217

Re: Pink spot with xperia z3 camera

Third handset now, and guess what, still have pink shot in middle of camera, again, in low light with the flash
Enthusiast
Message 132 of 217
Message 132 of 217

This time sony made smartphone like a cheap Sphone.. I disappointed with Sony now
Emperor
Message 133 of 217
Message 133 of 217

@vikri 

Have you guys seen this links? It doesn't seem to be a  hardware/software issue, it's a general phenomenon in mobile cameras with larger sensors. 

http://www.dxo.com/intl/more-information-about-color-shading

http://www.dxo.com/intl/embedded-imaging/image-signal-processor-isp/dxo-autocls/user-comments-dxo-au...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 134 of 217
Message 134 of 217

you are wrong my friend because my girlfrind have the xperia u with 5mp camera and have the same problem but xperia u is low-mid range so we don't care... but when i give 650€ for one smartphone i want it perfect for this reason i give big value for phone... (galaxy s5 and note 4 have also big camera without problem)

Apprentice
Message 135 of 217
Message 135 of 217

Sony clearly has not mentioned anything about this issue. There was a person here that said that it was "normal", but I think that is an excuse. It is not normal, and if Sony knew about this problem, why risk its customers? It makes no sense. Why didn't they put in a 16MP camera or something to be on the safe side?

Apple uses Sony cameras on their iPhones and guess what makes their image look great? "SOFTWARE". Sony is known to create great hardware but they clearly have difficulty in software, period. 

This Lollipop update better include an overhaul of the camera system. I don't care if it gets delayed or whatever as long as it is tested multiple times on test devices, especially the "CAMERA" on low light situations. I rather wait a long time and get a stable update than some half baked update so that more users complain. 

The camera lenses seems fine, I highly doubt that's the problem. Maybe they can add some sort of algorith that detects a pink spot and tries to fix the color. Of course it would have to recognize whats real pink and whats fake pink. 

I'm still hoping Sony cares about its product and its customers and try to give us a surprise. If not, well there goes their reputation. How about some beta updates like Apple so that real world users can test?

Emperor
Message 136 of 217
Message 136 of 217

@Max91 two different phones, take the Xperia U to a sony repair center to get it evaluated. It was an issue with some of the Xperia Us back in the days, check the forum. it wasn't a pink spot but a purple dot 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 137 of 217
Message 137 of 217

Xperia Z2 have the same camera but without pink/purple or what color you want... and today i have bin in "Media markt" there is a Z3 WITHOUT this problem so?

Emperor
Message 138 of 217
Message 138 of 217

The Xperia Z2 doesn't have the same camera module as the Z3

Highlighted
Adept
Message 139 of 217
Message 139 of 217

pink spot on photos

I have pink spot on my photos and it's annoying. Will Sony give any update for this problem or should I send my phone to service? Thanks
One time poster
Message 140 of 217
Message 140 of 217

Re: pink spot on photos

Good Question! We have to wait a software upgrade ore we have to manage the problem (pink spot) with the assistant (hardware problem)? Thanks.