account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Pink spot with xperia z3 camera

Regular
Message 71 of 217
Message 71 of 217

Re: Pink spot with xperia z3 camera

It's NOT a normal behavior. I've never experienced this issue on any other phone that I owned.

If you're response is "it's normal to have a pink spot and a crappy superior auto, and a bad hdr, and also lens deformation when you shoot in 4k... oh and there is also not enough details I think because of bad algorythm, a lot of 8mpx are better than this 20mpx z3..." so it's my first and my last Sony phone.

Well you must understand that we paid a lot for the z3 and the z3 compact, and you're reputation is starting to be really bad about your phone's camera...

Why don't you tell your developers to focus on camera instead of everything else ?

Regular
Message 72 of 217
Message 72 of 217

Although I returned mine, I am still here to see what Sony is going to do about the issue. So far, what I am hearing is an unacceptable answer. It is normal? You are kidding me. Samsung, LG, Motorola had this issue with some of their phone lines, and they fixed them by software. I cannot believe a company like Sony is willing to say it is normal to have a pink spot on their phone's camera. What's next? Pink spots on Sony digital cameras are perfectly normal?

Talent
Message 73 of 217
Message 73 of 217

i have initiated for refund. such a piece of crap for the amount spent never again SONY unless they change their attitude on after sales service and deleievring quality products

Visitor
Message 74 of 217
Message 74 of 217

Rickard

Sony Xperia Support

just back again to previous pages then concentrate to the user's photos. in the end ask yourself while watching these photos (and Be honest at least with yourself): IS THAT PHOTOS REFLECTING A NORMAL BEHAVIOUR AND CONDTION ?

Slightly smiling Face
Highlighted
Talent
Message 75 of 217
Message 75 of 217

Rickard

How does the Z3 differ to the camera on other Sony phones that don't seem to experience this issue?
Sony Xperia Support
Message 76 of 217
Message 76 of 217

This doesn't happen only on Z3, the information i posted is valid for most of our products. But it doesn't happen under all conditions and it's more noticeable with a thinner camera lens.

This issue was forwarded internally for further investigatation and the information i posted is the official response. I'm afraid i don't have any more technical details but there are some articles on the internet about lens colour shading that explains why and when it happens a bit more detailed.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 77 of 217
Message 77 of 217

I had a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact and experienced Flash Bleed, Sony did not really care about this and did not officially acknowledge this as a problem.

I got the opportunity to upgrade to a Z3 Compact on release date for a very reasonable price, so jumped at the chance. Now I find that I am getting the 'pink spot' problem (though I see it more as a 'green spot')

To be honest, Sony's silence on this is not surprising given the issues I saw with Flash Bleed and the fact that this was effectively ignored. However while I am not surprised I am extremely disappointed, again this is a flagship phone and I just don't see these issues happening with other flagships, this is a very basic issue to replicate and should have been apparent with even cursory product testing.

When marketing a phone as having a great camera, the camera should be tested!!!

I am holiding out on returning the phone as otherwise I like it, but moving into winter I am likely to be taking more low-light photos and the problem is only likely occur more. 

If this cannot be resolved via a software update this will be the last Sony phone I purchase.

Talent
Message 78 of 217
Message 78 of 217

If this is software issue (which I doubt) then come on Sony - SORT IT OUT.

If it's a hardware issue then tell us that there's nothing that can reasonably be done - JUST BE HONEST and purchasers then have the option to either try and get a refund or put up and shut up !  Personally I'm dissappointed but can live with it, others may not be, but just let us know.

Regular
Message 79 of 217
Message 79 of 217

THIS IS NOT NORMAL.

This happened to Samsung and HTC, too;

Samsung fixed it by software update as I remember,

and HTC exchage a new device with users after getting the problem fixed.

and Sony tells us this is normal...

If this WAS normal,

why don't you market Z3 as a phone with the best camera AND best pink spots?

What a great camera! It adds pink spots randomly on the photos you take, amazing!!

Wake up, Sony.

ynk
Rookie
Message 80 of 217
Message 80 of 217

I have the same issue with my 4 week old Xperia Z3. I'm out of my return period, so I'm pretty much stuck with it. If I had known this, I would not have bought an Xperia Z3. I have never seen this issue so severe on any other smart phone. Heck, even the Z1 and Z2 don't have this.

This is not cool, Sony.........

This has been my second and last Sony.