account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Pink spot with xperia z3 camera

One time poster
Message 51 of 217
Message 51 of 217

Re: Pink spot with xperia z3 camera

I'm also experiencing this pink spot. I totally missed it until I was researching why my camera was worse than my Z2!

My original problem is that my camera skips when moving around. It's not fluid like on my Z2. Taking a photo has an increased chance of blur due to this.

But now the pink spot?!

I didn't upgrade from my Z2 for this.

This being posted on their website, I hope they see this and work on a fix ASAP because some of us rely on our cameras!

THE CAMERA IS THE REASON I GOT THE PHONE Slightly frowning Face
Sony Xperia Support
Message 52 of 217
Message 52 of 217

I have received more information about this and this is a phenomenon known as Lens Colour Shading or Colour Tint on Picture.

Lens Colour Shading can be experienced under certain lighting conditions and when taking pictures against a block of uniform colour e.g. a piece of white paper or white wall. It's not something that's specific for Xperia products but something that can be found in many devices with a digital camera. It may be observed as a pink/green spot or area in the image.

This phenomenon may be mitigated by the following actions:

1. Adapting white balance according to the below table:

Lighting Condition

White Balance settings

Warm colour fluorescent lamp
 Incandescent lamp
 A-light

Incandescent
 Fluorescent light  Fluorescent
 Dim rooms lit by sunlight coming through windows  Daylight
 Cloudy

2. EV (Exposure Value) this can be increased in increments from +0.3,+0.7,+1.0 and so on by using the camera in Manual Mode.

This phenomenon is most likely to be experienced under special colour temperature conditions, for example low temperature lighting:

• Warm colour fluorescent lamp @400lx
  • Incandescent lamp @400lx
  • Dim rooms lit by sunlight coming through windows

To avoid this, use the settings above when taking pictures under these conditions.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 53 of 217
Message 53 of 217

This does not occur in regular shooting on most cameras. Side-by-side with other devices you absolutely see a blatant pink spot on the Xperia Z3 that is not visible from the OnePlus One or iPhone 6.

Does this mean the official stance by Sony is to accept this as an inherent characteristic of the Xperia Z3? If so, I'm returning mine tomorrow. It is unacceptable to suggest we need to switch to manual mode to hide the issue (which is still visible with the workarounds you suggested, they're simply less evident). 

Regular
Message 54 of 217
Message 54 of 217

@Rickard wrote:

I have received more information about this and this is a phenomenon known as Lens Colour Shading or Colour Tint on Picture.

Lens Colour Shading can be experienced under certain lighting conditions and when taking pictures against a block of uniform colour e.g. a piece of white paper or white wall. It's not something that's specific for Xperia products but something that can be found in many devices with a digital camera. It may be observed as a pink/green spot or area in the image.

This phenomenon may be mitigated by the following actions:

1. Adapting white balance according to the below table:
Lighting ConditionWhite Balance settings

Warm colour fluorescent lamp
 Incandescent lamp
 A-light

Incandescent
 Fluorescent light Fluorescent
 Dim rooms lit by sunlight coming through windows Daylight
 Cloudy

2. EV (Exposure Value) this can be increased in increments from +0.3,+0.7,+1.0 and so on by using the camera in Manual Mode.

This phenomenon is most likely to be experienced under special colour temperature conditions, for example low temperature lighting:

• @Warm colour fluorescent lamp @400lx
  • @Incandescent lamp @400lx
  • Dim rooms lit by sunlight coming through windows

To avoid this, use the settings above when taking pictures under these conditions.

This does not explain why some Z3 have the issue, while others don't, given the same ideal settings. So you are telling us that each phone is created differently? And for those affected, use the settings above?

What if I buy three Sony cameras (e.g. A6000), and one has an off color shading while the other two are acceptable, given the same settings. Do I calbrate one to match the other? What does that tell about Sony's consistency with their product manufacturing?

I will be returning my Z3. Thanks Sony!

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 55 of 217
Message 55 of 217

Apple style.  "happens to many others", "you dont know take pictures"... blablabla..... shameful

This does not happen to Z2. Your excuse is ridiculous

I just ordered refund on Amazon. Bye bye Sony!

One time poster
Message 56 of 217
Message 56 of 217

Oh my...the term used for the pink spot is that it is a "phenomenon" or something not always understood.
We are no where near what the real root cause is....I hope sony investigates further

There has been a change in the lens from Z2 to Z3 (wider view) ? Maybe this has something to do with the issue?
Regular
Message 57 of 217
Message 57 of 217

oh my...

SONY, now you compare your products to those that have the same problem,

and trying to tell your users that "phenomenon" is fine?!

how about compare your products to those that DO NOT have the same problem,

and improve your products?

the camera ability is always mentioned on your commercial,

people buy Z3 for its camera,

and now we get a "solution" like this?!

unbelievable...

Visitor
Message 58 of 217
Message 58 of 217

Hi hello, I'm aware that many user reporting this and my Z3c does have pink spot too, happened when I take a gray background photos. Mine is just 3days and this pink thingy is quite annoying hence i use the camera often. Come on sony, release an update to fix this Slightly frowning Face my Z3c is global version with no noise cancelling earphone (indonesia version)
Learner
Message 59 of 217
Message 59 of 217

Come on sony fix it already, samsung galaxy s2 and htc hd2 both had the same problem and it was resolved via software update, this camera behavior is not normal!! manual settings could solved it but what if I want to use other camera modes that you people advertise a lot, I can configure white balance from there as well as in other applications that need camera like instagram or snapchat... Im waiting for the update soon (d6603)

Regular
Message 60 of 217
Message 60 of 217

Im waiting for that update too !

Regards /