account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Phone locked at lockscreen with "initialbootsetup has stopped"

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Phone locked at lockscreen with "initialbootsetup has stopped"

Today, since I turned on my phone, I'm stuck at the lock screen with that message.

I tap "ok" and the message comes back again. The strange thing is that the message is in spanish (I have my phone in English and that the lockscreen photo has dissapeared and the xperia theme is there now.

It seems like the phone is working ok in the background, but I cannot access the homescreen.

I can take screenshots, change the volume, etc. and as I could access the phone's internal and sdcard I made all the backups as possible.

Is there any way to solve this issue? I'm using Lollipop 5.1 (23.4.A.0.546)

Thank you very much.

Matías

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Phone locked at lockscreen with "initialbootsetup has stopped"

Try performing a system repair using PC Companion as this will often fix issues - This will factory reset your phone and erase all data so best to backup before you begin

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Try performing a system repair using PC Companion as this will often fix issues - This will factory reset your phone and erase all data so best to backup before you begin

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the on screen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

View solution in original post

Regular
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@Thommo, thanks very much for your quick answer.

I'm in the process of updating the phone at the moment.

Is there any reason why this could have happened? I did not "messed up" the phone's system except from disabling some unused apps such as google play books, games, hangouts, g+, etc.

Thanks again.

Will keep you posted on the final outcome.

Cheers.

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

It's one of those things that even I have had happen to me but have never figured out why - I could disable some apps and have a system failure then repair my phone and do the exact same thing and everything is fine

Regular
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

ok, thank you very much.

Cheers.