account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

PC Companion Doesnt shows software info

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adept
Message 31 of 43
Message 31 of 43

Re: PC Companion Doesnt shows software info

@Ninpo wrote:

Look at my reply to rice_eater Slightly smiling Face

so there's nothing we can do? is so frustrated, is like phone does not exist for sony im so annoying, we deserve like a customer  a good treatment from sony. 

Adviser
Message 32 of 43
Message 32 of 43

@Ninpo
Slightly frowning Face

You're right about the Z3+ being skipped and updating for 6.0.  I hope PC Companion will be working for that update.

Adept
Message 33 of 43
Message 33 of 43

@rice_eater wrote:
@Ninpo
Slightly frowning Face

You're right about the Z3+ being skipped and updating for 6.0.  I hope PC Companion will be working for that update.

That Is Unacceptable, I Buyed The Phone And Costs More Than $ 500, So They Have To Give Support, We Need To Demand A Good Support If We Keep Calm Sony  Never Gonna Do Something For Our Phone Is  Time To Demand Respect

Adept
Message 34 of 43
Message 34 of 43

I read somewhere that Z3+ will be among the first Sony phones to recieve Android 6.0 and somebody mentioned that it may recieve this update later this year. Remains to see what they have "fixed" in the new software.

Regarding the missing software-info in PC Companion: I wrote to the danish support and they were aware of the problem with Z3+.

Adept
Message 35 of 43
Message 35 of 43

Hi if you know something please let me know
Rookie
Message 36 of 43
Message 36 of 43

Hi, I don´t know more then I wrote before. Sony looks like they are aware about this problem and it looks like the Z3+ will skip update to 5.1.1 and go straight to android 6.0 and hopefuly they have fixed the pc companion issue.

Talent
Message 37 of 43
Message 37 of 43

Same issue here in the UK.

Inhabitant
Message 38 of 43
Message 38 of 43

I have the same issues with the PC Companion and Bridge for Mac with my Z3+ and Z4 Tablet on 02 UK since the last build updates via usb. I am still able to do a repair on the PC Companion however. 

Lots of other issues with it too like on Bridge for Mac Music transferable to device from iTunes only shows Apple Apps.What use is that?!

Sony have advised me to try the PC and Mac Companion/Bridge apps on a different computer at a different location/network to see if I still have the same network connection issues.

Rookie
Message 39 of 43
Message 39 of 43

Hi, do not worry, you will face the same connecting issue with a new computer. See my before answers in this topic. //Peter 

Message 40 of 43
Message 40 of 43

Finally with the latest update for PC companion, It's showing the checked info for Xperia Z3+ But still the Server is not accessble.