account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

PC Companion Doesnt shows software info

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 21 of 43
Message 21 of 43

Re: Pc companion

@Juanp8910

Run PCC as administrator

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 22 of 43
Message 22 of 43

Running as Admin doesn't do squat. The Sony update servers have been down for days.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 23 of 43
Message 23 of 43

Doesn't works a try but the same problem... No solutions
Adept
Message 24 of 43
Message 24 of 43

Server is not accessible. PC Companion

when i tried to connect my sony xperia z3+ with pc companion it shows .. phone details are not available.. and when i try to do anything . like backup,, it shows SERVER IS NOT ACCESSIBLE TRY AGAIN LATER.  am using windows 8, Start as an administrator, the firewall has a companion pc how except i don't know.
please help

Emperor
Message 25 of 43
Message 25 of 43

Re: Server is not accessible. PC Companion

@Juanp8910

Don't create duplicate posts

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3/PC-Companion-Doesnt-shows-software-info/m-p/1050950#M1837

@Juanp8910 wrote:

when i tried to connect my sony xperia z3+ with pc companion it shows .. phone details are not available.. and when i try to do anything . like backup,, it shows SERVER IS NOT ACCESSIBLE TRY AGAIN LATER.  am using windows 8, Start as an administrator, the firewall has a companion pc how except i don't know.
please help

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 26 of 43
Message 26 of 43

@Juanp8910

could you test a different computer? 

Adviser
Message 27 of 43
Message 27 of 43

Re: PC Companion Doesnt shows software info

I'm also experiencing the same issue as everyone else that is unable to connect to the update servers.  I've made sure my internet is working, Windows firewall doesn't block PC Companion, and many other things.  Then I came across something that I would say strongly indicates that there is indeed something wrong with PC Companion.  If I go inside the "PC Companion settings" and then to the "Proxy settings" button, I'm given various options for proxy options and a "Test" button.  If I select any of the following options and press Test:

No proxy

Use system proxy settings

Automatically detect proxy settings

I'm presented with the following message:

These settings are correct.

PC Companion succeded to access the Internet.

If PC Companion is able to access the internet like it says it can but it reports back that the server is unavailable when my Z3+ is connected to my computer, then something with the software isn't working correctly.

Message 28 of 43
Message 28 of 43

No need to test on different computer as the other Sony phones are showing update info with the same version of PC companion. Only Xperia Z3+ is having issue in showing the update info.

Sony customer support are also unaware of the issue, even after sending the issue details with snapshots comparing with other sony models, they seem not to understand the issue...they always suggest to contact the service center....(the same reply everytime with every issue)....seems they have set a autoreply for every issue.
Rookie
Message 29 of 43
Message 29 of 43

From Sony support in Sweden I got the answer that they have some issues with pc companion and Z3+ after the last update. They say that Z3+ has connection with pc companion but it is shown like it has not. That sounds like a bad excuse to me but it is what they say. I think Sony decided to skip update Z3+ until it´s time for android 6.0 update and go direct on this to Z3+ telephones. Hopefully they have fixed the connection problem by that time.

Rookie
Message 30 of 43
Message 30 of 43

Look at my reply to rice_eater Slightly smiling Face