account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

PC Companion Doesnt shows software info

SOLVED
Jr8
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 43
Message 11 of 43

Re: PC Companion cannot connect to server

Have the same issue, tried pc/ Mac
Both have the issue, my phone us on. 251
One time poster
Message 12 of 43
Message 12 of 43

Same problem...I don't know what's wrong 😞

Rookie
Message 13 of 43
Message 13 of 43

Hello, I have contacted Sony Sweden and after much doubt from the support guy (he tried the usual support s..t talk, firewall have you tried another computer....) they realized that I was correct. I sent them copies of how pc companion acts when I connect my Z3+ So now hopefully they are aware that it is some issue with pc companion and the Z3+ after latest update to 251. We have to wait and see... 

@Damun wrote:

Since updating my Z3+ to Android 5.0.2 PC Companion does not seem to be able to connect to server (to check for new updates). I have tryed daily for a couple of weeks but to no avail. I know there is a thread here in the Z3+ forum about "PC Companion not showing software version" that ulitimately boils down to "sony servers not beilng online" as far as i can read. Please correct me if i'm wrong. I'm not completely sure that i understand....

I would just like if somebody could provide some clarification:

Is this a problem on my end? (i.e. problem with my phone and/or PC Companion)

or

Is it a problem on Sony Server end? (i.e. servers are not online, which seems odd as they haven't been online for a few weeks now)

Thanks

Visitor
Message 14 of 43
Message 14 of 43

Re: PC Companion Doesnt shows software info

I have the same problem since after the last update! I hope Sony will sort this out. I lost faith in Sony. So I am only hoping. Sony = bad after service
Message 15 of 43
Message 15 of 43

I too have this problem on my Mac

One time poster
Message 16 of 43
Message 16 of 43

I have the same problem on my PC since after the last update!
One time poster
Message 17 of 43
Message 17 of 43

I have the same problem with my z3+ in pc companion, doesn´t show me the info and can´t connect to the server and with the tablet z and z2 works perfect

Adept
Message 18 of 43
Message 18 of 43

Same problem
Inhabitant
Message 19 of 43
Message 19 of 43

Tried it as well. Not working.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 20 of 43
Message 20 of 43

Pc companion

The pc companion update today, but no can connect with serves is so frustrated, what happens whit sony, I try in differents pcs but is the same is like this phone doesn't exist for Sony. I hope don't erase my opinion. I hope someday sony fix the problems fast like eraser my opinions...