account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Not connecting to LTE.

SOLVED
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: Not connecting to LTE.

Yes i know Sony isn't the only one.

But well... thank you very much guys!

Case closed.

Emperor
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

Anytime

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

there is 1 thing samsung doesen't do, if you buy an samsung phone from USA then that phone will only work within USA so if you travel to Sweden or any EUrope country the risk is that phone wont recive any signal, thats because samsung doesen't use same type of antenna as Sony does. So sony is good since they use an antenna that supports all bands on D6603 so if you buy it in Europe it will work fine in china, Russia, USA and all other countries without any issues. Also it's not also due to antenna as well it's that Samsung made USA phones only working within USA while Europe models only work within Europe, while sony supports both.

I know this because where i practice there is 2 companies 1 pc repair side and other is phone repair side and some american person came to us asking why their samsung s4/s3 didnt recive any signal and we told them that samsung doesen't support European bands if it's bought in USA so yeah.

wch
Inhabitant
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

This thread from XDA is teaching how to unlock Qualcomm bands.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/thread-progress-please-leave-im-updating-t28712...

But do it at your own risk.

Highlighted
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

won't work if you unlock the LTE Band it's mostlikely antenna in phone has no compatibility for LTE so not usefull really.

Also they might install diffirent Band chip as well so D6603 has one with LTE compatiblity and so while D5603 or w.e it was do not have that chip it has another chip so it limits it's self down to 3G only so unlocking firmware to use LTE will give you no LTE anyway. on a phone that don't have LTE compatibility.